DIY hologram for smartphones

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong
State/Location: NSW

DIY hologram for smartphones

Post by Kathryn »

With Science week coming up and the theme being light, I decided to check out the DIY hologram link which has been doing the rounds lately. It is so good! Very exciting when something like that works so well \:D/ The instructions say to use an old CD case to make the rhombus. I wanted something the students could easily cut themselves, so tried an overhead transparency and it really works. As our Yr 7 & 8's have ipads, I found the size given in the instructions good for a phone but too small for the Ipad. So I found some thicker book cover plastic, which can still be easily cut with scissors, and doubled the size of the rhombus. With the room darkened it looks fantastic - all the teachers were excited so it will be one of the activities we do for our science week which we run next week. Give it a go if you're looking for something fun to do!

http://www.boredpanda.com/3d-hologram-s ... setheboss/

Kathryn :D