help

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
lab-woman
State/Location: NSW

help

Post by lab-woman »

Hi Everyone,

At the wonderful St Marys Science Course I did last week, it was mentioned that there is a Blank Risk Assessment copy in the CSIS package that I can photocopy and use. I was told the only time us DEC staff need to do a Risk Assessment is when the teachers are doing an experiment which falls outside the curriculum.
Does anyone know where in the CSIS package I might find this blank Risk Assessment? I can only find something on page 8 of Appendix D, but it doesn't look right to me. HELPPPPP!!!!
AnnNos
Job Title: Science Assistant

Re: help

Post by AnnNos »

I think it might be the 'Site Specific Risk Assessment' (SSRA). It's a form that's in the original folders. I can't find it on line in the Chemical Safety in School website. If you can get the folders, look in the 'workplace training module' figure 1.5-4 page 17/18. This form is used if a teacher wants to use a chemical for a year group that is different from the appendix D items. eg sulfuric acid to be used with 12 Chem. It's a teacher only chemical but by filling in this form and getting it signed by the HT it can be used. Paperwork must be kept for 7 years. If a HT wants to do the same experiment then the Principal must sign. The form must be completed each time the experiment is done, even if the same teacher is doing it. Does this sound like the right document?
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi AnnNos
Yes you are right you can find it at the begining of the Chemical list that tell you what colour dot etc
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
lab-woman

Post by lab-woman »

Thanks guys. Found it.