GHS labels for dropper bottles

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Petra
State/Location: NSW

GHS labels for dropper bottles

Post by Petra »

Hi
I am generating GHS labels in ChemGold, but each time I print the Sodium Hydroxide 1M labels as '14 per A4 page in GHS format' it gives me 14 labels with tiny writing but cut off sentences in the end. Not only is the text too small to read, it is incomplete. Can I edit those labels and change the font? Petra
superbug

Re: GHS labels for dropper bottles

Post by superbug »

yes and no
No you cant edit the pdfs, but yes you can create your own in D-gen through chemwatch Gold FFX. It is located on the left hand side of the screen.
superbug

Post by superbug »

I have placed all the required info on the dropper bottle tray on the sides and the front has a label maker label.
I have only the name and concentration on the bottles which I have made using the label maker as well.
I found it hard to have the dropper bottle labels stick to the squeezy bottles that we have.
I thought it was overkill labeling every small bottle with all info. But that's just me.
Petra

Post by Petra »

To whoever has issues with new Gold FFX label generator:
To safe you the frustration: I called the Help line. They changed the system last week.
If you want to generate a portrait A4 page with 14 Labels for dropper bottles, you log on to the Chemwatch Gold FFX homepage, first. Before you do anything else, you PRESS THE Ctrl + F5 key[/b] together.[/b] This will clear something so that the new system works. Then you type in the name of the chemical, click on labels and hit the search button. Once you have highlighted the chemical you want, a visual representation of various label formats should come up. There should be a rectangle of 3 columns of pictures with pages . If you have only 2 columns it won't work. Go to page 4 (scroll down to the end and click on page 4). You will find a page which has the 14 GHS labels on it. Left click on the little white right arrow in the bottom corner of the image and a rendering process should commence, generating a page of your label.If you hover over the bottom part you can see a print and a safe icon. Use those.
Good Luck
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Just completed my WHS studies. Anything to do with labelling go to
http://www.workcover.nsw.gov.au/formspu ... e-3562.pdf
For labelling small containers you can find information
Regulation 335 Part 3 Schedule 9 page 12
Petra you do not need to go page 4 every time. You can save14 GHS under User defined heading, you can add green (red orange.. ) dot, QR
Cheers Jazz
superbug

Post by superbug »

Hmmmm,
according to this link above. It seems that decanted small bottles only need a name and hazard (GHS) pictogram.

Is this what other labbies think it means?

Ta Superbug
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

YES