Safety Goggles

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay
State/Location: TAS

Safety Goggles

Post by Wayne »

I am looking at buying new goggles for the classrooms and was hoping if anyone had bought recently give me a pointer of where to start looking. What ones do you have at your school?
Thanks.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: Safety Goggles

Post by Merilyn1 »

Hi Wayne
We have Unisafe C-View here. Just bought some more from Haines for $4.95 each. They are cheap but I find they get broken at the bridge. This could be from abuse from students or general wear and tear. I've stuck with what they were already using, but it would be interesting to see if the dearer ones are more durable. My last school had a different type and in two years there, I don't remember having any problems with them, but I don't remember what brand they were!

So I guess the bottom line for me is the ones we have are doing the job and they are cheap to replace.
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay
State/Location: TAS

Post by Wayne »

Thanks Merilyn. That was what I was wondering, do the expensive ones last longer than the cheap ones.
The last lot we got was from a parent who got us a really good deal through their business. They have lasted 7 years but now starting to lose a few through breakage and starting to get quite scratched. Of course that parent is no longer at the school and their business doesn't exist anymore.
TirzahKat
Job Title: Science Assistant

Post by TirzahKat »

We have the discovery safety glasses from westlab $3.20 per pair - Haven't noticed and breakage issues with then this year. we also have some of the old large glasses the ones that go over everyday glasses for those that require them but they are quite old and break a lot at the arms.
Science Assistant
St Johns College
Rita

Post by Rita »

We get ours from Hepworths ....Hepworth Industrial Wear Pty Ltd at Ingleburn c.$2.80. Only problem is student abuse (drawing eyes, melting arms in bunsen).