new power packs

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
celia1
State/Location: NSW

new power packs

Post by celia1 »

Hi every one we have new power packs with separated cords and i am looking for suggestions to store them in the lab and keep cord together so they dont disapear.
How do you store your power packs?

thanks in advance or all good ideas.

celia
dime

Re: new power packs

Post by dime »

I keep the cords plugged in and wrapped around the power pack. I remember when we got them,thinking the cords will disappear, but touch wood, we have never lost one and it has been many years. Good luck :D
Jen2
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen2 »

I keep the cords separate on a white tray, 10 to a tray. I find that is easier for storage on the shelf, tray just sits on top, and the cords dont get squashed when the students return them to the trolley
souj
State/Location: WA

Post by souj »

We store our cords on a garden hose hanger which is attached to the wall. The power packs themselves are on an adjacent shelf. Works for us :thumbup:
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Keep ours plugged in and wound around as well. Had them for four years I think and haven't lost one yet.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Ours, too, are just kept with the powerpacks wrapped around them. Each bench has a powerpack and surprisingly we have never lost a cord. I don't think the kids even notice that they come unplugged!
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

With my latest purchase, I actually kept the boxes the power packs came in. I even go around, ensuring a pair of connection leads stays in the box. So that's my OCD confession. Anyone (Rosalie) who has seen my lab will know that that's where the tidyness ends! :w00t:

Maybe it's psychological, but it somehow makes the kids think that they're still newish, and they take better care of them (most of the time!).
Cheers, K 8-)
celia1

Post by celia1 »

thanks for your suggestions i also keep them in the boxs them came in ,but they wont last forever and teachers say they can;t be sure if students have return power pack . i was thinking maybe finding a plastic container thats clear to store them the problem is to find the rigth size.
Celia
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

The 9L plastic containers from the reject shop (if you have one) would probably fit them. They are $2.50 each I think.