labels for dilute solutions

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
rosaliemb
State/Location: NT

labels for dilute solutions

Post by rosaliemb »

I have access to Chemgold 3. If I want to use a label for diluted solutions of chemicals e.g. 0.1 M Hydrochloric acid, the only label availaable is for the concentrated solution. Am I missing something? What do other people use for class sets of chemical solutions. I have been using Label Maker from Omega Scientific but hoping to be "good" and start using GHS labelling.
Rosalie (another one) :D
Jazz
State/Location: NSW

Re: labels for dilute solutions

Post by Jazz »

hi
Not sure why you had a problem. Just type molarities you need. Not all molarities, for all chemicals are available dough. But you can make your own using classify option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers Jazz
Whspa

Post by Whspa »

If you type in 'hydrochloric acid', you will only get the one result. But if you then press the red 'Back' arrow on the tool bar, you will get a list. I do this when I'm getting labels for a number of molarities of a particular solution - saves a bit of typing, just arrow back after each.
rosaliemb
State/Location: NT

Post by rosaliemb »

Thanks Whspa and Jazz.
With your tips I am able to get just what i needed, so there will be some new labelling going on here.
Happy Christmas break to you and to all lab techs who help aother lab techs

Rosalie (another one) :D
matchstick
Job Title: School Admin.Assistant
School: Strathfield South Public School
Suburb: Strathfield

Post by matchstick »

just tried the arrow....didnt work for ferrous sulfate 1M....and also tried for magnesium sulfate 1M, "no matches found"...tried magnesium sulfate.....same.."no matches found"....me dont like chemgold3
bunsen
Job Title: SOO
School: Mabel Park State High
Suburb: Slacks Creek
State/Location: QLD

Post by bunsen »

I think it comes down to how the chemical was listed and their search program. If you place the molarity at the front of the chemical name you sometimes get different results then if you placed it at the end, eg. 2M HCL or HCl 2M?
I have also had varying results with regard decimal points and spacing, eg. 2M, 2.0M and 2.0 M?
If all else fails add the word "solution" to the chemical name and forget the molarity, eg. copper sulfate solution (notice the American "fate" spelling) as a general search and you may find more results. Consider it a puzzle/challenge, however still frustrating when in a hurry.

Cheers
Dave