Periodic Table

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
helie
State/Location: NSW

Periodic Table

Post by helie »

Good Morning Labbies
I'm searching out a hanging Periodic Table, for the class rooms. All my searches have come up with plenty, but none that hang like the old ones use to. Can someone out there in intelligent land help me. :unsure:
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Re: Periodic Table

Post by Ian »

We have large laminated charts that we pin to the wall with drawing pins or velcro. I guess if you really wanted to hang it from a hook, you could drawing pin it to a dowel and tie string to the end of the dowel.

cheers

Ian :)
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

We got a massive one from Scientrific a while back. It is now stuck on the back of a roller blind because we needed the wall space for more cupboards. Brilliant colours and very easy to read.
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

I'm so nerdy I have the periodic table as an app on my iphone......
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

Narelle
That's too much!
We recently bought some periodic table posters from Prof Bunsen. They're huge, black background, look great and they came laminated. I'm supposed to have them put up in the labs for Science Week (oops). Aiming to have them up before the HT comes back from being off for a month!
M.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Narelle01 wrote:I'm so nerdy I have the periodic table as an app on my iphone......

Hey! I have one on my android phone, two on my i-Touch and one on the Rumpus Room wall at home!!
(Bit tragic, really, isn't it)

Ian :?
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

Now you're just bragging about having a rumpus room :p
Krysia Lee
Job Title: Labbie
School: Brigidine College
Suburb: St Ives

Post by Krysia Lee »

We recently bought 5 that were printed directly on to roller blind from Graphic Education. They look great and we need the roller type as in our beautiful new labs there is absolutely no wall space to put up any posters. BUT after a couple of uses the edges started to fray and the loose bits of thread were going to get caught around the roller mechanism so I had to send them all back. Rosalie you may have just solved my problem with your idea of sticking one the back of a store bought blind. Big thumbs up. Thanks
Krysia
amandag
State/Location: VIC

Post by amandag »

We also purchased a few from Graphic education...picture on site....this one is in a junior lab...don't get jealous now...

http://www.mentonegrammar.net/gallery/facilities
Ian

Post by Ian »

Amandag!
Can I come and work with you? What a lovely place! I am already in an Anglican school, so I am sure I would fit in!

Ian :wub:
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

But Ian, the commute is going to be a killer!
M.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Are you coming with me Merilyn? We could Car Pool!

Ian :D
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Merilyn and Ian, where do you live? Maybe I could pick you up on my way from Tamworth...
amandag
State/Location: VIC

Post by amandag »

To make you break the sound of speed, the long bench with the chairs is the prep. room, and we have a separate office which you can see in the dishwasher picture, the chemstore is on control monitor measuring the in and out air...driving yet... and temperature controlled rooms, and a seprarate distilled water tap in the prep. room and chemistry classroom...vroom vroom...
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

If Tamworth had flights to Melbourne I think I would commute... let us know when you head to browner pastures, Amanda! (Cos we know you won't find greener ones...) There'll be a fight for your job!!!
merilyn

Post by merilyn »

Yeah, Rosalie, sounds good. Ian and I live about 5ks from each other about 15ks north of Mittagong so not much of a deviation off the Hume Highway for you! I wonder how many lab assistants they need there, looks pretty big and very very tidy, that could keep one labbie busy in itself!
M.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hmmm. To maintain that standard of cleanliness might take all three of you just to clean up after ME! (that leaves room for a couple more labbies to do all the class prep!!)

Rosalie, if you set up that flight from Tamworth to Mentone, make sure that the plane is small enough to stop at Camden Airport.

Ian :crazy:
sampjm
School: Mount Annan Christian College
Suburb: Mount Annan

Post by sampjm »

Rosalie,

Awe if it can stop in at Camden then I could come to. Can I can I pretty please :)

Contented but interested Labbie

Sharon
RosalieM

Post by RosalieM »

Deal!! Just as soon as I get my pilot licence and can afford to buy a plane we will be on our way!!! See you in about 3 centuries, Amanda!
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

I'd just like to point out Wagga is on the way, one more wouldn't break the camel's back, would it? :giggle:
Lou P.
Learner Lab Technician
Wagga Wagga
NSW