Year 11 and 12 Books

and any other non-chem subjects.
Somerville
State/Location: VIC

Year 11 and 12 Books

Post by Somerville »

Our Biology teacher has just shown me the "Biozone" workbooks for Year 11 and 12 Biology. She is wondering how many schools out there use them and how they use them. They look like a great book, a cross between a text and a workbook. What text do people use with it etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Re: Year 11 and 12 Books

Post by Labbie »

Like so many schools we are waiting for the National curriculum to be released. Before we start looking at text books. But saying that, I have seen the bizone books are they do look great. It is that awful waiting game now. Believe the draft has been released, OK by the Board of Studies. Coming out to schools very soon. We have a year to iron out the creases, but their are heaps of creases.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

We use them a lot. One teacher swears by them, and the other says they are really great BUT she feels that sometimes they don't give the kids enough background info, which means the kids sometimes have to go looking in order to answer the questions. Frankly, I imagine that's why the first teacher thinks they're great. So yeah, this year we ordered the student booklets, and everybody got one to work through, etc etc.
Cheers, K 8-)
Adrianna
State/Location: NSW

Post by Adrianna »

Can anyone tell me what the Biozone text book for Yr 11 & 12 is about and where did you get it. Is it for the new syllabus that you are all talking about
Adrianna