Di
Job Title: Science Lab Assistant
School: Ryan Catholic College
Suburb: Townsville
State/Location: QLD

Microscope Maintenance

Post by Di »

Hi All,

Firstly I would like to say that this site has been great for me - I have learnt a few tips along the way - Well Done

I am after some knowledge on microscope maintenance - We have approximately 70 microscopes - I can clean them (not a problem), but fixing broken parts I can not do.

We are in Bathurst - Short of taking microscopes to Sydney (which has been done in the past) - Does anyone know of a company or person that would come to us (without charging an arm and a leg).

What do you do with your microscopes - I would appreciate any advice.

Di
judygee
State/Location: NSW

Microscope Maintenance.

Post by judygee »

Dear Di - We have used Robin Parkes from Eyepoint Instruments in the past. He does a very good job however he does charge accordingly!! However if you can get other schools in the area to use his services this may reduce the cost, if it is worth his while to come over the mountain for a number of jobs!! His number is 029520 5043 his address is 2 Prahran Road, Engadine. 2233. I have another number here for the Catholic Schools Electronic Service (02 9680 2576) Don't know if these guys can be of help!! They may just deal with motors and air tracks etc. Good luck. Judygee