How Do I Set Up Microwave Apparatus

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
MariaC
School: Central Coast Grammar School
Suburb: Erina Heights
State/Location: NSW

How Do I Set Up Microwave Apparatus

Post by MariaC »

:-( Help, Ive just been asked to set up the microwave apparatus which Ive never used before, somewhere I have a physics workshop book that shows what to plug in were but cant find it 8O :crazy: 8O need for period three! MariaC :beg:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: How Do I Set Up Microwave Apparatus

Post by RosalieM »

If youknow what the equipment is, hand over to the teacher who ordered it and say "I've never used this and you didn't give me enough notice to give me time to find out so will you please show me how to do it?" and hope for the best!! I've never even heard of a microwave apparatus!
MariaC

Post by MariaC »

:-( Unfortunately his the head teacher and is busy every period and both other physics teachers are off today!MariaC
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant

Post by RosalieM »

Does it take long to set up? He can do it in the start of his lesson. Won't hurt for the kids to watch how it is put together. Sorry I'm not very sympathetic to last minute requests anymore. Get too many of them here and it really ticks me off! I am trying to not be so 'nice' when they ask to try to discourage them but I don't know if it is working or they just think I'm being a grump!!
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Hi,

If it as IEC microwave apparatus you could google it and get the instructions off the IEC website. I did this last year. Just let me know if you can't find them and I can fax you a copy of what I have.

Lorrae
elly
Job Title: scientific assistant
School: St Anthony's Catholic College
Suburb: townsville
State/Location: QLD

Post by elly »

I'm sorry that this may be too late for the lesson today but I have just read your post. It's from "physics equipment, getting it to work"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School

Post by fibreweb »

My feeling about the microwave equipment is the same as with the CRO. :crazy:
It is not my responsibility to set them up as I have never learn how or EXACTLY what it does.( and I have made a point of not learning)
They went to UNI, and learnt about it and now get paid for that knowledge.
I will get it out,they set it up or at least chase the Physics guy to set it up for them :-o

Wendy
MariaC

Post by MariaC »

Thanks everyone, I found that link as well and got it working so I suppose Ill know for next time :giggle: MariaC