noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes
State/Location: NSW

Buying Science Equipment in NSW

Post by noona »

Hi all
For all the Labbies in NSW Dept this is an email I got after a survey about buying Science Equipment from Q Stores.
I can remember Max telling me that you must buy from him. WELL THATS NOT RIGHT MAX :redcard:

I have had my say now will go back to work :cheesy: :cheesy:

Dear Rosalie,
In response to your comments in a recent customer survey, please note that scientific equipment, at present, is not under contract. You may purchase from a local or preferred supplier. However, DET are currently working on a new contract called C1006 which will incorporate scientific equipment and products. We hope to introduce this new contract in May 2010 therefore you may purchase locally in the interim.
OfficeMax have some scientific equipment on the eCatalogue however they are not under contract for this category and it is not mandatory to purchase from them for these items. OfficeMax are only under contract for arts and crafts products
If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards,
Mariousa
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Buying Science Equipment in NSW

Post by Labbie »

Well well well , the lies some people tell. Thank you so very much Noona. I have spent hours and hours going through the Procurement site. Oh boy what a headache. Can not buy hearts, Kidneys, Matches, that is all I can think of for now. Told by those people that are paid more than me (suits) that you can only buy this way. No more shops or other companys. This was to happen 1st day term 2, so get use to it labbie. :redcard: :redcard: Boy oh boy did I see RED I shall print that letter off and _______________________ Thank you so much Noona, gosh they like to make life awful. Just as well my new prep room is nearly ready. Spent a hour looking for spray n wipe cleaner. The search engine for the procurement is awful. :w00t: :w00t: :banghead: :banghead2:
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I can't believe what I am reading! Do you mean that state schools can only buy from certain suppliers?
Geeeesh.. :redcard:
That would really restrict what you can buy!

I ring around and get the best price then go fo that! I have saved the school heaps.. and also some suppliers will give you a further discount once they are told that another firm has it cheaper.... :D
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Yes Sunray, that is it. We were given two weeks notice that this would start. I went shopping for two days. Over the years I have managed to save the science budget heaps and heaps. But the bigger BE's then us, think other wise. It is wrong. Ours starts day 1 term 2. I hate it.

I do believe it will start in all DET schools in OCT this year.
Regards Labbie

Labbie

Post by Labbie »

We now have NO petty cash, and never will again. I just can not believe how this Procurement thingo is going. It is making life so much harder. No petty cash, have to pay extra P&H for Serrata, Life is getting worse?????????????????????? :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:
Regards Labbie

noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi Labbie
we still have petty cash whats the go???????
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Post by Rowyrow »

No petty cash thats stupid!! HOw are you suppose to get hold of an onion for slid making or a banana for DNA extraction? Mail order and hope its not spoilt when it gets there?
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

_________________________________ We are a pilot school for the procurement, 0---------------who knows. But term 4 last year, petty cash was stopped for all deptments in this school. It is mad ----------------------- I have had just about enough. It is up to the teachers to bring in their onion or -----------------, they can claim it on tax. Laugh we do, every day. :redcard: :redcard: :redcard:
Regards Labbie

Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

I have no petty cash either - so when our light meter needed a new battery that can only be purchased from a chemist or speciality store - guess who coughed up the $3.50.??
When there needs to be onions or potatos,. I usually bring in dead ones from home - eggs are another story..

All that said - our school does have an account with the local woolworths, so if i can buy it from there I do. Painful thing is there is a $30 min spend....so i often have to make up the amount by buying vinegar, bi-carb & metho etc.

It would so far, but would be handy to have a $20 float for things that arise....
I tired to get glassware from Officemax but was told they no longer stock it :( like their stuff.
Stoopid other company we have to use.
dime

Post by dime »

Well we have never had petty cash. Against the law or something for govt schools. We have an account at Woollies, and the TAS lady shops twice a week in the school car, so we get stuff then. Very pleased to hear about Serrata. Like I said on another post their prices seem exie, so will look at another company. Thanks for the info. :thumbup: