Chemical sets storage trays

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
kl23

Chemical sets storage trays

Post by kl23 »

Hi all,

Has anyone made their own storage trays to store class sets of dropper bottles and solid chemicals?

I am looking for some ideas of what others have for storage. Don't like take away containers, not overly secure and break easily and the storage trays I have seen in the catalogs are for sets of 10 and we only have sets of 6.

If anyone could send me some pictures, plans or information that would be great.

Thanks.

-Kerri
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown
State/Location: NSW

Re: Chemical sets storage trays

Post by smeee »

I recycle margarine, ice-cream, yoghurt containers.
The margarine containers hold 6-8 dropper bottles....depending on whether round or oblong shaped
1L icecream containers hold up to 12 dropper bottles - good for chem pracs that need a lot of solutions.
Vicki L
School: Murrumburrah High School
Suburb: HARDEN

Post by Vicki L »

Shelly, our canteen lady saves for me plastic containers that some sort of yoghurt bar comes out of - very good - clear plastic , about small ice cream container size. Also the Home Ec teacher saves me the margarine containers - very handy as well. :D
tigger
Job Title: Lab tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tigger »

At another high school I have seen wooden blocks that have had holes cut into them (obviously not all the way through) that are slightly larger than the dropper bottle. They seem to be really good. Perhaps you could see your wood tech handyman and see if they could make you up some from some off cuts of wood.
Tigger
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

I have some of those but they are a little too large and awkward. They are useful, but I prefer the plastic ones you buy with space for 10 dropper bottles, so I am slowly replacing them.

J
smiley
State/Location: QLD

Post by smiley »

The "Crazy" stores sell little brightly coloured baskets that hold those Stuhl bottle quite nicely. Being an all-girls school, I can get away with buying pink and purple ones to hold my sets of chemicals. Very cute!
Cheers, K 8-)
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

That's what I use too, Smiley. Being an all boys school, mine are blue & green - LOL :cheesy:
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Didee
State/Location: WA

Post by Didee »

We use both Uni Trays (chemical resistant plastic) and full gloss paintedwooden rectangular ones. These were made by the father of the lab tech before me about 18 years ago. These are going strong. Maybe you could trade with someone in your T&E department (wood work). I will attempt to up load a picture ASAP
Diana