for anything else that doesn't fit.
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong
State/Location: NSW

OnGuard safety training

Post by Kathryn »

Does anyone have experience using the OnGuard Safety training software or anything else similar? Our school is looking at investing in this but would like to have other people's opinions first. It has modules for every area in the school which students work through before being able to use equipment etc.

kathryn
sunray18

Re: OnGuard safety training

Post by sunray18 »

The staff here had to do it a few terms ago - to me it was extremely basic....
All we had to do was sit at a computer and answer the questions - multiple choice.
There was no presentation or training- just the computer work. If you got an answer wrong you could go and review the appropriate material then redo the question.. I finished in double quick time. Some teachers from faculties like English were struggling with much of it though.
In my appraisal I recommended a training session before starting the computer work.
jat

Re: OnGuard safety training

Post by jat »

Staff also did it here this year. I would have to agree, very basic for anyone who has any previous OH&S etc. knowledge. Like Sunray I found it very easy but other staff members who had no previous knowledge did find it a bit more of a challenge, but all still worked through it ok. If you are thinking using it for students to do I would think it would probably be ok for them!