for anything else that doesn't fit.
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes
State/Location: NSW

Whats happening in the Holidays

Post by noona »

Hi AllJust need to find out what you are all up to this holidays.
I am of to Forster in the van for 10 days R&R. :clap3: :clap3:
A little fishing =D> lots of quilting :wub: and a lot of doing little else.
Noona
Lab Manager
Greystanes High School
Beresford Rd
Greystanes 2145
8868 9113
ROSALIE.CASSAR@det.nsw.edu.au
Narelle01

Re: Whats happening in the Holidays

Post by Narelle01 »

Hi,
I will be doing not much!!! yay!!! bring it on!

Cleaning the house in preparation for the in-laws to visit, and enjoy being home during the day ;)

have a great holiday everyone....think i am almost there already. :-?
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

Three days in Sydney.
A Doctors appointment, then shopping for a Year 12 formal dress. :w00t:
I hate to think what we will be asked to pay, and coming to a choice that satisfies both Jess and I. She is brining a friend along too as she doesn't trust my judgement, personally I'm wary about the dress the friend would choose!!!!

Otherwise relaxing at home making sure the above mentioned daughter is studing for the HSC.

We will be one down at home as the youngest son is off to New Zealand on a school excursion.

Wendy
Robdean
School: Lismore High School
Suburb: Lismore

Post by Robdean »

I'll be enjoying a 4 night trip down to Melbourne, in the first week. In the second I have to have another skin cancer cut out (my 7th - darn that Scottish skin!)but will still have time to catch up with friends and potter around the house, something as you know we never have a chance to do in term time. Enjoy the break everyone!!!
sammy
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: WA

Post by sammy »

I'm looking forward to being in my pj's till lunch time :D
And spending some quality time with my 3 beautiful kiddies :wub:
I haven't planned anything but look forward to taking them 4 a trip to perth and maybe a movie but mainly just some relaxation time for all !!!
Gotta love holidays YAY
Rita

Post by Rita »

I will have two weeks mostly teacher free and definitely pupil free ......HT comes in to check where I am up to on the list of jobs.

Only six months til holidays but who's counting

Enjoy your break

Rita
Last edited by Rita on 28 Jun 2010, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Going to spend a week in Toowoomba with my eldest daughter and my best friend. :wub: :wub:
Lots of cuppas and gossip to catch up on. :coffee: :coffee:
Lots of shopping and cuppas and gossip, cuppas, gossip, shopping, maybe sewing, gossip, shopping, glass of wine here and there. Whew. life is so busy!! :giggle: :giggle:
Can't wait!!
J
tree-hugga

Post by tree-hugga »

Oh Rita, they make you work, when they're all off! I guess enjoy the peace and quiet. Are there any other staff working?
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Post by kimmy »

Just got a new caravan so will be spending the first week off to the north somewhere in it. No fixed destination \:D/ .
Just had last weekend at Port Macquarie (daughter Basketball) so I am already in holiday mode. :drunk:
Drive safe those travelling, have plenty of cuppas :coffee: those catching up with friends and just enjoy the break all of us having time off.

Kimmy
Roll on Friday
Ian
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: Macarthur Anglican School
Suburb: Cobbitty

Post by Ian »

I have 6 kids. I will probably spend the fortnight wishing I was at work! :crazy:
No, not really. My holidays actually started TODAY. We explored a disused railway tunnel and a viaduct, and did some shopping. That was all before 10:00am! :w00t: There is a family pic nic planned with cousins (my kids cousins) for tomorrow. There are trips to Sydney planed and I don't know what else. It is usually a welcome break when the holidays end and I can slow down and go back to work. :coffee:

Have a happy and safe break, all of you! \:D/

Ian :D
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Lots of warm coffee or tea, a few good books, warm fire on. And that will be me. You can have the snow, I hate it. Too many broken bones when I was little. :? :-(
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Well I've already had the best holiday 2 weeks long service in Vanuatu, returned with a suntan, gone from wearing swimmers and bare feet \:D/ to frost and -1C bugger. :redcard: The worst thing I should have taken this week off as well, the amount of mess thats been left for me is just incredible. I guess aleast it'll get put back in the right place and clean LOL

As for the 2 weeks school holidays, nothing but potter around the house and yard after the frost is gone, and a good book near the fire :whistling2:

Hope everbody has a relaxing time.
Rita

Post by Rita »

There isn't much quiet here working in the holidays......I bring in my CDs (and attempt a sing-along) and I put on the lab TV (to catch up on Oprah-ha ha). It sure can be peaceful though.

I started back in 05 when there was "work choices" and talk of teachers having to work through the holidays too.
Was told Wollongong CEO have all new support staff getting 4 weeks annual leave. I was first at this school. Now there is 2 office staff here also. Not sure whether other schools have followed.

One day I was using electrical equipment and the power in the building went out. Thought I had blown something up. Reported it to office. Told they forgot about me and had given the electricians permission to do what they needed to do.

Rita