Storing Triple Beam balances

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Narelle01
State/Location: NSW

Storing Triple Beam balances

Post by Narelle01 »

I have noticed that these are on trolleys in my new school, but i have a lovely shelf space that would work too, can they be moved around from shelf to trolley? Or is it better to keep them on a trolley - or is just a pain in the butt to move them when they are rquired. :unsure:

thanks! I need ideas... :giggle:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Storing Triple Beam balances

Post by Labbie »

Ours live in a cupboard, We remove the hanging pans, and place them near the beam balances, so that the long arm does not have a strain on it. They have stored very well for over 8 years this way.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Post by Voice »

When I had Triple Beam Balances I used to store them on shelves and removed the hanging pans. My difference is that I numbered the balance and the hanging pans so that the correct pan went with the same numbered balance. These things can be so precious that this overcame any discrepancies that arose.
Maree
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Mine live on shelves and I don't take the pans off. They all live in one lab and I just carry them to the other when they are needed (or put them on a trolley if I have one empty at the time). They only get used here about twice/year so it seems a waste of a trolley if you have shelf space that you can use!
Narelle01

Post by Narelle01 »

They're off the trolley!!! =D> and the trolley is clean of the builders dust - that stuff gets into your nose!!! :yuck:

So, now onto the problems of the rest of the world :yuck: