risk assessements for science focus textbooks

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
vlclabbie
Job Title: Lab Chick
Suburb: Albury
State/Location: NSW

Re: risk assessements for science focus textbooks

Post by vlclabbie »

I feel the same way Laurena! All alone in Victoria....... :unsure:

Come on Vics.... there must be more of you out there!!!
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Hi Estelle,
We now have Science Focus 1-4 as our main class texts and I was wondering how you got hold of the risk assessments. I had a look around the website and couldn't find them. I have rung the company and am waiting for a call back but thought I'd ask on here to see if I get an answer quicker. Anyone else who knows the answer is welcome to reply as well!!
Thanks,
Rosalie
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

If you go back to page 1, I think it is the thrid entry. You will need to send a email.

Good luck
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Yes the attachment for the RA's are on page 4, not sure what was meant by send an email.
but pearson have told me it is OK to give these to other schools.
Estelle
Sandy
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Morley SHS
Suburb: Noranda
State/Location: WA

Post by Sandy »

Hi
May I request a copy as well thanks heaps
Sandy
Sandra.Weir@det.wa.edu.au
shs

Post by shs »

Hi Estelle,

Any chance of getting a copy of these risk assessments. My email is maree.hampstead1@det.nsw.edu.au

Much appreciated
Maree
fishy

Post by fishy »

estelle wrote:Hi,
If anyone is using the science focus 1/2/3/4 as part of the curriculum did you know that there are risk assessments available for every prac in each book?
I got a copy yesterday and they are excellent.
I had a problem with the prac (science focus 2 pg.44) using sodium thiosulphate and Hcl. I wasn't aware that once I added water to the mixture to clean up that I turned it into sulfuric acid fumes. Had a huge asthma attack and have not felt 100% since. It doesn't say in the book to use stoppers but in the risk assessment for that particular prac it is advised to do so.
Someone has put a big effort into producing the document and it will save me heaps of time (and save my health as well). It also says how to dispose of any chemicals or residue.
The risk assessments from the focus books are set up one for the lab assistant, one for the teacher and one for the student. It also came with a file to show what chemicals and consumables are need each year to purchase or have in stock for all the experiments.
It will be a very handy resource to have, I have printed them off and put them with the textbooks.
Estelle.
Hi Estelle, just wondering if you could send me a copy of the risk assessments etc. to jennifer.fisher5@det.nsw.edu.au.

Many thanks in anticipation!

:D
Adrianna

Post by Adrianna »

Hello Estelle
We use the texts a lot, I would love a copy please. Or where can we purchase a copy? Sorry to hear about your asthma attack. E-mail Address(es): aughey@chevalier.nsw.edu.au
thankyou so much
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Post by estelle »

Hi again,
Have had a couple of request for the risk assessments for science focus. If you have a look at page 4 of this thread about the 3rd post down I put an attachement with the risk assessments in it. If that doesn't work then let me know. The files have to be "unzipped" whatever that means. I do chemicals, not computers. sorry.
Have a great day.
Estelle.