Induction Coils??

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
amymaclucas
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Taminmin High School
Suburb: Humpty Doo
State/Location: NT

Induction Coils??

Post by amymaclucas »

Hi All,

Our EHT power supply has broken #-o and one of the science teachers wants to get an Induction Coil rather than a replacememnt EHT as apparently they are more fun \:D/ . The only problem is that I can't find anywhere to get one!! Does anybody know where I can buy a big induction coil from and if they are even still made?? Really appreciate any help you can give me [-o<

Thanks heaps. :thumbup:

Amy

P.S. I'm loving these smilies!! (incase you couldn't tell!) 8-)
Sharls
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
School: Clarence Valley Anglican School
Suburb: Grafton
State/Location: NSW

Re: Induction Coils??

Post by Sharls »

Hi Amy,

We bought an induction coil at the beginning of the year and our physics teachers loves it. I got it from Serratia at a total cost of $291.5 including GST. You can go to their web site and register and have a look around at their products.

Hope this helps

Sharlene
:wink2:
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Post by franco »

Hi Amy,
It may also be worth checking out the Hodson-IEC induction kit featured on page 30 of the 2009-2010 Scientrific catalogue, item number EM1973-001, $161 ea or $148 each for 5 or more.
Cheers,
Fran
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo
State/Location: NSW

Post by rae »

We have these induction kits and I don't think they are what you need. You build your own mdel transformers and various other work with electricity. We use the induction coil with the spectrum tubes but you couln't use the induction kits to do this.

Our induction coil is really old but I would imagine the one from Serrata is what you need. Haines also have them.
amymaclucas
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Taminmin High School
Suburb: Humpty Doo
State/Location: NT

Post by amymaclucas »

Awesome, thank you guys, you have been really helpful!!! :clap3: =D>

I shall put it to the teachers and let them decide, sooo much easier that way :D

Woohoo! Induction coils...here we come!! \:D/ :mail:
franco
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Tuart College
Suburb: Tuart Hill
State/Location: WA

Post by franco »

Thanks for that Rae - I didn't read the post correctly at all. As you have these kits, have you any feedback on them - good or bad.
Cheers,
Fran