Enzyme Trysin

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
judygee
State/Location: NSW

Enzyme Trysin

Post by judygee »

Dear All - Does anyone have a recipe for the enzyme trypsin - Can't find anything in the "Laboratory". I only have a very small amount approx 1g, so am hoping I don't need anymore than that. Your input would be appreciated. Cheers. Judy.
Mother
Job Title: Science lab. technician
School: Dubbo College/Senior Campus
Suburb: Dubbo

Trypsin

Post by Mother »

Hi Judygee
Trypsin further decomposes proteins after the action of pepsin(we use pepsin) It is produced from trypsinogen by the action of enterokinase.and will only act in an alkaline solution.That's all I know about Trypsin as we have never used it. Needless to say I have no recipe.Don't know if this helps you at all
Cheers
Mother
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Cheers Jazz
hel

Post by hel »

Hi Judy,

In the past we have bought Trysin From Southern Biological,
ph: 0398774597. It is quite expensive at $46 for 5 g. Don't know if this helps.

Cheers Helen
judygee

Enzyme Trypsin.

Post by judygee »

Many thanks for your advice, Mother, Jazz and Helen. I did try the web address (and that was some address!!!) however I was interupted by one of the teachers and haven't got back to it! The Bio teacher involved is having second thoughts about the Trypsin anyway after consulting with collegues and may just go with the Hydrogen peroxide catalase experiment where she can do the pH, temperature and change in substrate concentration all in one fell swoop!!! What a clever idea!!!! Once again, many thanks. Judy.