A general discussion and Q & A forum.
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Micro Chemistry

Post by dolphinscales »

Hello to you all

Wondering if anyone in senior school - chemistry is using micro chemistry at all?

If so how is it going- has it been successful?
Is it cost efficient?
How did you go about getting practicals to use with the sets?
Did you make sets? How did you organise groups?

Thanks for any help in advance. :D
Robb
State/Location: NSW

Micro Chemistry at it's Best

Post by Robb »

Hi Dolphinscales,

We conduct a lot of Micro Chem Experiments here at Lake Munmorah High. It is very successful in relation to the participation and the understanding required when performing experimentation methods due to the minute detail at which participants must pay attention to.

The Micro Kits are available form leading Chem Suppliers and are usually purchased as a complete set due to the small nature of the pieces of equipment. (Although quite expensive).

There are a few experiments we do that I have passed on from my Uni Studies in Micro and the students seem to enjoy this as they conduct experiments that I have done at Uni level.

Depending on how many pieces of equipment you have then the group work can be divided into proportions of students against the No. of sets. This however will come down to the number of sets you have primarily.

I hope this Helps.

Robb...
Dr Robert Crosdale. MRACI. NSS. NSSA. NASA.
Ph.D (Chem), Post Grad Ph.D (Physics), M.Ed, B.Sc (Hons), Dip. Appl. Sc. (Chem)
Lake Munmorah High School.
University of New England.
University of New South Wales.
University of Newcastle.

To understand the Universe from our perspective, we need to look towards our own backyard first for answers.

** AD ASTRA PER ASPERA - SEMPER EXPLORO **