video

for anything else that doesn't fit.
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

video

Post by dolphinscales »

This was posted on the QLD Labbies list thought i would share - there are some good stuff on this site besides this video.
Enjoy and thanks to Steve

Hi
I came across this technician Video from the UK, it goes for about 28 mins. I don't know if it has been mention before? I tracked it from a site call preproom.
http://www.teacher.tv/video/17877

Science Operations Officer
Lowood High School
trish armstrong
Job Title: lab Assistant SAO
School: Taree High School
Suburb: Taree
State/Location: NSW

Re: video

Post by trish armstrong »

Thanks ,
Watching that video makes you wonder, how much you want to take on in your job. :-? I wouldn't have the time to do some of the demonstrations, though there are times when I go in and help out on pracs, I don't think that I would like to step into the teachers role. Not only that the responsibility, maybe it would come with confidence.
It was strange how we often talk about our pay etc, yet this video was encouraging us to take on more of a responsibility with demonstrations. I suppose this is an issue of personal achievement and time restraints.
All i can say, is that I love to learn different pracs, and how to do them.Don't mind setting them up etc, but may not be very confident in instructing the class.
Thats the teachers job. :wink2:
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie
State/Location: NSW

Post by lizzieb »

Thank you, Annette!

That looks really good - can't wait to have a look...

Any opportunity for training's most appreciated =D>
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen1 »

Thanks for that dolphinscales, I have now downloaded a copy of a great eye dissection from the site and about to burn on dvd. I have spent a good couple of hours looking through the different videos and though a lot are for a younger audience than we have here, they are still good.
cheers jen