cyclohexane prac

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

cyclohexane prac

Post by RosalieL »

Hi everyone!

Who here uses Chemistry in Focus? I've been asked for a selection of compounds to be tested in cyclohexane or water (prac INV 6.2 pg 126 of CIF Yr 11) to classify as metallic, polar, no-polar or ionic compounds. I am just wondering what you would send out? The teacher taking the class hasn't taught Chem before and there are no other teachers around who I can ask. The book doesn't provide any suggestions either!

Thanks!
Rosalie
Marama T
Job Title: Laboratory technician
School: College

Re: cyclohexane prac

Post by Marama T »

There's a book of lab notes that go with this text. Try to track down a copy - I've found it saves a lot of time. When the teachers get in, I'll try to find the lab notes and get back to you.
Marama T
Job Title: Laboratory technician
School: College

Post by Marama T »

Metals (I'm sure you've got that one covered), ionic compounds - NaNO3 and CaCO3, polar covalent - sucrose and glucose, non-polar covalent - iodine and plastic.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

Thank you Marama T! I will see if we have a copy of the lab notes, or if we can get one. The pracs don't give a lot of info so yes, it would definitely save a lot of time! I don't want to be reinventing the wheel every week!