State/Location: NSW

Re: Do you go to faculity meetings?

Post by shanedavis1 »

Yes every week
Didee
State/Location: WA

Post by Didee »

I attend most faculity meetings and it has always been expected that I would attend. We have had 5 different HOLA's in my time here, and it has made no difference as to my going. I have always been treated as an active member of our team and the longer I stay the greater my role has become. Occasionally if I am busy or if meetings are after school and I have other plans, I will enquire as to how important it is to attend that particular meeting. I like to know exactly what teaching plans are in place, as I find different teaching strategies directly effect what is required of me in the way of resources and support. I love being actively involved in planning and would hate just being asked to prepare pracs with no understanding of the outcomes each activity is related. I regularly tweek pracs and provide alternatives better suited to our students and the resources we have available.
I love :wub: my work
Diana
Jen1
School: Halls Head Community College
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen1 »

I have just spent a weekend in Busselton (lovely spot on geograph bay, south of perth) with the school staff.
As well as having a great time socially :party: :drunk: :, I actually got a lot out of the pd that was conducted. A fair bit concentrated on improving literacy so I have come back with lots of ideas of new posters I can make (or buy) that will help with word recognition. I also learnt about strategies in place for behaviour management.
But perhaps most importantaly it made me feel even more part of the staff and not just that lady in the lab who wears a white coat!!! :clap3:
The Search Engine
State/Location: NSW

Post by The Search Engine »

Morning all,
Well - I am a bit of a mushroom but that works for me!
Never attended a faculty or a staff meeting. Didn't even realise I should go to the Staff Development Day morning meeting until I missed a couple. My old school did not include SASS staff in anything.
My Science HT has given me the occasional agenda for the faculty meetings but generally I'm not too concerned about being left out of these. I always get invited to the social events - dinner and drinks are definitely more my style!!
For SASS meetings - we have an "informal gathering" over morning tea every fortnight when the school is at assembly. I don't always go to these because it is on my Science day so I don't like to stop what I'm doing. Every Friday the school has a social morning tea and we close the admin office (its my office day) and all have a supplied morning tea and raffles and a brief talk by the Principal or DP - usually only about successes - congratulating people for good things that have happened that week. That works for me.
Great to hear all your experiences. Generally I just coast along setting up pracs to the best of my ability with no idea of the intended outcome and no clue as to tweak them for improvements. But I still am in my first year of part time Labby so maybe when I have a few more years under my belt I'll have a bigger picture.

Patti :D
The Search Engine