bell jar hose

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

bell jar hose

Post by RosalieL »

What hose do you attach between the bell jar and the pump? The plate looks like you could just use the same as the bunsen hose but it won't attach to the pump. The pump looks like it needs something that will plug into it. It's an oil free vacuum pump LE-22C if that helps.
KassH
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: SPC KMPSY

Re: bell jar hose

Post by KassH »

We've got a bit of this stuff on ours. Not sure about the diameter though.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/kinetic-50m ... e_p4920544
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

We use the Westlab Vac tubing on ours https://www.westlab.com.au/square-silic ... id-5m-roll
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

Thanks KassH and Anna Z,
I ended up looking up on the suppliers website to see if there was an adapter or specific hose I should have purchased. It turns out the pump is supposed to come with 2 hoses... so now I am working on getting the hoses that didn't come with it. This is the first time we've tried to use it although I purchased it last year. The pump requires and actual connector of some kind on the hose.
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

RosalieL wrote: 18 Mar 2022, 10:57 Thanks KassH and Anna Z,
I ended up looking up on the suppliers website to see if there was an adapter or specific hose I should have purchased. It turns out the pump is supposed to come with 2 hoses... so now I am working on getting the hoses that didn't come with it. This is the first time we've tried to use it although I purchased it last year. The pump requires and actual connector of some kind on the hose.
Glad you got it sorted