Data Harvest Easy Sense Probe availability

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Data Harvest Easy Sense Probe availability

Post by bigmack »

We need a replacement pH probe and Light sensor for our Data Harvest .

Seems MTA ( who took over Serrata) are no longer carrying them and just want to sell the new Cordless version .

So I have contacted Data Harvest in UK to see what they say . I am quite irritated that we have quite an investment in this tech and can't get replacements .They are still available on the UK site , so it's not like they are not making them anymore.

Does anyone know of another Australian Distributor for Data Harvest ?
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Re: Data Harvest Easy Sense Probe availability

Post by Labbie »

Try a google search, there seems to be a few. IN OZ
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
bigmack

Post by bigmack »

I did Labbie , they all seemed to link back to MTA .
But I will have another look , thanks .
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

I just placed an order for temperature probes - I'll let you know how I go with them...
bigmack

Post by bigmack »

melsid wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 08:06 I just placed an order for temperature probes - I'll let you know how I go with them...
.Good luck Mel, you obviously had better luck searching their site ...I , as it turns out , apparently suck at it

I did get a response from Data Harvest UK .
MTA are the only Aussie distributors . Apparently the Easy logger Vision was discontinued as they were no longer able to source the Chip in it however the sensors are still available .
They gave me a link to MTA's catalogue where I did find the sensors . My bad . :blush2:

I was searching on the part number for our pH probe but as it has been discontinued , it would not appear . But , there is a newer version which has the BNC connector on the end. I wish the people at MTA that I spoke to yesterday were more knowledgeable on these things . The MTA site is no longer as easy to search things on .

But I eventually found if I typed "Smartq pH" , I got the results .....alas the pH probe I wanted is awaiting stock....isn't that the way everything s now days :-({|=
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

bigmack wrote: 23 Feb 2022, 09:05 But I eventually found if I typed "Smartq pH" , I got the results .....alas the pH probe I wanted is awaiting stock....isn't that the way everything s now days :-({|=
It's always the way sadly. :-({|=
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

We have stopped using data harvest. We might have what you’re looking for and can sell/give it to you? I don’t have time to check just now but feel free to send me a PM. I don’t know what the school rules/policy is about that but I will find out.