free delivery of equipment/chems.

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

free delivery of equipment/chems.

Post by mtg »

I needed to get some equipment and chemicals for a prac urgently. Ended up doing 2 orders to Westlab. Rang to get them on the same delivery, (free over $100 online orders), but the 2nd delayed delivery confirmation email showed a delivery charge, a quick phone call and the delivery charge was immediately taken off. Really helps with my budget woes. Huge thank you to Westlab. Also if you get it in before about 2pm it is same day despatch.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Re: free delivery of equipment/chems.

Post by Merilyn1 »

Wow, you were lucky. Can't say I have had the same experience. Long time ago but I have moved onto other suppliers.
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School

Post by Anna Z »

Good job mtg, it's amazing how fast those delivery charges add up
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland

Post by mtg »

I shop around, for example Nisbets for trolleys, but Westlab have really upped their game. I ran a little PD day for local lab techs a couple of years ago and a Westlab rep came all the way out (in country Victoria) to do demos and answer our questions. Always worth a quick chat to Sales. They have had same day despatch and free delivery over $100 for awhile. Haines made up quickfit compatible glassware for me once as I had mostly the older size. I will often ring up different suppliers and ask for a best price as we are a tiny school with a tiny budget.