Repairs to Science equipment

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
MariaQ
Job Title: Boss
School: Central Coast Grammar
State/Location: NSW

Equipment Repairs

Post by MariaQ »

Hi Guys, any suggestions for equipment repairs? As most of my things like microscopes and power packs are from Serrata I usually get them to repair anything that gets broken, located NSW Central Coast MariaQ
jodieleo

Re: Repairs to Science equipment

Post by jodieleo »

Hi,
I would love to have someone come and repair some of our aging equipment and perhaps teach me some tips at the same time..Ocker are you still in the business and would you come to Northern Rivers and service a few different schools?
Prima
Job Title: Lab assistant

Post by Prima »

This morning Bob Death came to the North Shore and spent a couple of hours repairing and assessing equipment for me. I don't know how much it will come to, but I have a large pile of back-to-life equipment! So much cheaper than buying new, and so much better for the environment :clap3:
I'm sure those of you who were lucky enough to attend his session at the recent ASET Conference would agree that it's the way to go.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Always the new items do not seem to last at all.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
MissKat
Job Title: Science Technician
School: Cranbrook School
Suburb: Bellevue Hill

Post by MissKat »

Hi all! Welcome to term 3! I hope you all are doing well.

Just wanting to bump this thread. I've got a few waterbaths, heating mantles and microscopes that need a look at. Do any of you have contacts? I'm in the Sydney Eastern Suburbs.

Thanks!!
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Any one got a phone number for Eddie Bishop? He is very good.
Regards Labbie

MariaQ
Job Title: Boss
School: Central Coast Grammar

Post by MariaQ »

Anybody ever have an incubator repaired? The heating element seems to not be working its about 8 yrs old. Still in very good nick if you dont want heat :cheesy: MariaQ
harveyradar
State/Location: VIC

Post by harveyradar »

As a Victorian based repairer I've repaired many, but for some parts are impossible to get or very expensive to have made.
So what we need to know is the brand and the model number to be able to comment on the possibility.

Harvey
jackcr03

Microscope repairs/ servicing in Newcastle

Post by jackcr03 »

Hi Just wondering who to use in the Newcastle area for servicing microscopes?
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

Jackcr03 I hope this help's you.
Regards Labbie

Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School

Post by Anna Z »

https://www.edusupplies.com.au/services ... servicing/

We use this mob....they do most states. Have known one of the service techs for 20+ years and used him in many different industries.
gotolady

Post by gotolady »

Just had this company( edusupplies) out to service our microscopes and I can only sing their praises. They were totally professional ,very approachable and very efficient.
I would recommend them to any school that needs a service on their microscopes. :clap3: :clap3:
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School

Post by Anna Z »

yep, they are a good mob. Love the techs there.
Marama T
Job Title: Laboratory technician
School: College

Post by Marama T »

We had Bob Death come out and fix a whole lot of stuff. Very happy with him. I think he does most of NSW. 0416 721 011
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Re: Microscope repairs/ servicing in Newcastle

Post by RosalieL »

jackcr03 wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 07:48 Hi Just wondering who to use in the Newcastle area for servicing microscopes?
Just wondering if you found someone?

Also, does anyone know if there's a course I can do to refresh my microscope cleaning skills? I did a session back when the St Mary's conferences were a thing.... then was out of science labs for 8 years and now have a small stash of microscopes needing a look-over. I would rather not outsource knowing I should be able to do it myself but also don't want to cause damage by doing something wrong!
Labbie

Post by Labbie »

3 Ways to Clean a Microscope - wikiHowhttps://www.wikihow.com › Seems quite good.
Regards Labbie

jackcr03

Post by jackcr03 »

RosalieL wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 11:56
jackcr03 wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 07:48 Hi Just wondering who to use in the Newcastle area for servicing microscopes?

Also, does anyone know if there's a course I can do to refresh my microscope cleaning skills? I did a session back when the St Mary's conferences were a thing.... then was out of science labs for 8 years and now have a small stash of microscopes needing a look-over. I would rather not outsource knowing I should be able to do it myself but also don't want to cause damage by doing something wrong!
Hi. I did find someone, Bobs Instrument service 0416 721 011. We didn't end up using him though. The microscope that was not working was assessed by an electrician first and it couldn't be fixed.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

jackcr03 wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 08:46
RosalieL wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 11:56

Hi. I did find someone, Bobs Instrument service 0416 721 011. We didn't end up using him though. The microscope that was not working was assessed by an electrician first and it couldn't be fixed.
Thank you!

I ended up finding and doing a microscope servicing course so I will have a look at them myself when I get a chance (because, you know, we have so much spare time!). But I will know where to find someone if I get stuck!