Wanting to purchase

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
helie
State/Location: NSW

Wanting to purchase

Post by helie »

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this site, and i must say what a wonderful site it is.
Thankyou to all those people who have done so much work.
NOW.. I'm looking to purchase a 2 or 5 litre Bioflask for our chem students.
To purchase one from outside is around 70 to 100 dollars. Would anyone have one to give, or sell to me for less than
the rrp.
:wub:
Helie
labman
State/Location: SA

Re: Wanting to purchase

Post by labman »

Hi Helie,
Welcome to the Chemtalk "family".
Could you tell me what a Bioflask looks like. (Has it another name?)
I am going through my glassware at the moment, and getting rid of a lot of stuff we no longer use. If I have a Bioflask that we don't use, I would be happy to send it to you, but I don't know what I'm looking for. A pic or more info would be great. Thanks.
Cheers,
Lisa
helie

Post by helie »

Hi Lisa
It is a round bottom flask, 2 or 5 litre, and has the additional neck and stem at the bottom.
It is for distillation and therefore has frosted necks on both top and bottom glass for interchangeing.
Thankyou for looking
=D>
Helie
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Ok please try Q-stores under interchangeable glassware page 712. This is also called quick fix sometimes. Good Luck.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I think we have one of those - not as big as you are after, but I had no idea what it was and now I know! It arrived with a tonne of other random glassware that was donated to the school from somewhere. I think I may have put it in a box on a high shelf with other items I wasn't sure about, but if it hasn't made it up there yet I'll see if I can get a photo to put on here so others know what to look out for (if indeed we are talking about the same thing...).
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Thats a great idea.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
RosalieM
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

I found it. It was in a box I hadn't yet put up high. Is this what you are looking for? This looks like it would only hold about 250ml.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helie

Post by helie »

Hi Rosalie
Yes you have it.
As you say not 2 or 5 litre however now you have a photo up (thankyou so much) does anyone have one this large.
can i keep you in mind Rosalie, and buy it from you if i can't get the size i need. One is better than none.
How good is this site. It works really well.
have a good weekend all

Helie \:D/
Ocker
Job Title: Lab attendant

Post by Ocker »

Can't see the use for it, except we use fracionating columns for refluxing.
rp

Post by rp »

how about southern biological?
Rhonda
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Hi, it's FRIDAY!!!

Can anyone tell where I could purchase a 19/26 500ml short neck round bottom flask from? I've searched my normal suppliers with no luck.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

macca wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 11:15 Hi, it's FRIDAY!!!

Can anyone tell where I could purchase a 19/26 500ml short neck round bottom flask from? I've searched my normal suppliers with no luck.
Maybe Haines, they made up my quick fit as the size we use was no longer available. They have 19/26 but not sure if they have a flask.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

RosalieM wrote: 08 Aug 2008, 11:36 I found it. It was in a box I hadn't yet put up high. Is this what you are looking for? This looks like it would only hold about 250ml.
What would you use this for? I have distillation set ups, but we dont use a flask like this. Curious, it is a lovely little flask. I have a heap of the big golf club (wood) shaped flasks for fractional distillation of crude oil, which I refuse to allow anymore. Too smelly.
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

mtg wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 10:44 I have a heap of the big golf club (wood) shaped flasks for fractional distillation of crude oil, which I refuse to allow anymore. Too smelly.
Now I'm curious mtg.
I'd love to see a pic of those if you get a chance
RosalieL
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

mtg wrote: 07 Mar 2022, 10:44
RosalieM wrote: 08 Aug 2008, 11:36 I found it. It was in a box I hadn't yet put up high. Is this what you are looking for? This looks like it would only hold about 250ml.
What would you use this for? I have distillation set ups, but we dont use a flask like this. Curious, it is a lovely little flask. I have a heap of the big golf club (wood) shaped flasks for fractional distillation of crude oil, which I refuse to allow anymore. Too smelly.
From memory it only came out for displays and we’d have random distillation equipment set up to look all fancy but actually achieved nothing (we’d do boiling water with food colouring in it as an example and condense it). I left that school in 2013 though.

(I used to be RosalieM but couldn’t get the account reactivated when I got a new lab assistant job after 8 years doing other things). I am also curious about your golf club shaped flasks!
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

We have the 250mL round bottom flasks, we use them in our heating mantle. I recently bought one from Haines that was 14/23 but they also sell the 19/26.
IG232
Flask, Round Bottom 250ml (19/26)
$19.50 ex GST