End User Declaration

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Re: End User Declaration

Post by bigmack »

AFAIK , EUD has to include a drivers licence. So you can’t claim that the school is purchasing it . It would have to be a nominated person with a valid licence .
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Post by Merilyn1 »

bigmack wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 17:55 AFAIK , EUD has to include a drivers licence. So you can’t claim that the school is purchasing it . It would have to be a nominated person with a valid licence .
I still haven't had to complete one so not sure. Still stand by it being a business manager or principal needing to sign it. Someone who has control over how the school runs. In the WHS world, it is anyone who has authority over the finances in the business - think of who approves your budget each year, usually not the coordinator/HOD but someone higher up the food chain.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

Merilyn1 wrote: 02 Aug 2022, 07:27
bigmack wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 17:55 AFAIK , EUD has to include a drivers licence. So you can’t claim that the school is purchasing it . It would have to be a nominated person with a valid licence .
I still haven't had to complete one so not sure. Still stand by it being a business manager or principal needing to sign it. Someone who has control over how the school runs. In the WHS world, it is anyone who has authority over the finances in the business - think of who approves your budget each year, usually not the coordinator/HOD but someone higher up the food chain.
We don't have any HODs here so I technically report to the deputy principal. I got him to sign mine. He was happy to do it and didn't think it should have been the responsibility of the lab assistant. Our accounts are all done from a head office so getting someone to sign from there would be a nightmare...
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

jodye,

what type of school are you in, Dept of Ed or private?
I do all the ordering for science but the accounts are definitely in the schools name. Actually, to clarify, I generate the orders and then I send it on to our SAM and she actually places the order! My head teacher has always signed the EUD.
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

I work in a DEC school, and all of our accounts MUST be in the school name and use the school email address. I can still log in as usual, as I set the account up. Also, setting it up this way is much easier if I have an extended period of leave and someone else needs to order while I am away.

As for the EUD, my HOD signed the last one. As has been previously said here, I am not the one using the chemicals and the responsibility is way above my pay grade!
jodye
Suburb: central coast

Post by jodye »

Remlap, I'm at a private school. I do all the ordering and then my HOD signs the order form and our finance office pays the invoices.

If legally, the end user is meant to sign, would that not be every teacher , or student, that uses it ? Does my legal responsibility end when I hand the Mg Ribbon to the teacher for a prac?

I'm going to have the same issue when I need to order sodium, iodine, calcium...etc.
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

jodye wrote: 08 Aug 2022, 11:30 Remlap, I'm at a private school. I do all the ordering and then my HOD signs the order form and our finance office pays the invoices.

If legally, the end user is meant to sign, would that not be every teacher , or student, that uses it ? Does my legal responsibility end when I hand the Mg Ribbon to the teacher for a prac?

I'm going to have the same issue when I need to order sodium, iodine, calcium...etc.
I'm in a government school, so obviously different systems.....but, as most others have said the responsibility is way beyond our pay grade!!
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
mazcheck

Post by mazcheck »

I had my HT do the EUD and this was to purchase hydrogen peroxide from a company in Victoria. The order was in my name with the school address and the HT's details/license and there was no question raised. Have recently placed an order with AIM Scientific (South Australia) and didn't need to complete an EUD. Am in a government school.