Radiation Supervisor

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
KatW
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Cranbrook School
State/Location: NSW

Radiation Supervisor

Post by KatW »

Hello all!

It's been a while since I've been on here since moving to the UK and then back (I don't even remember what my old username was!). I've been given some tasks left by the previous technician and HOD; and this is one of them - the radioactive sources.

Do your schools have a radiation supervisor? Is it your main physics teacher or HOD (or both if they are the same person).

Do you log each time the samples are used and also when they are inspected?

I have read the Use of Radiation in Schools document from the Australian Government. I just wanted to see how the other schools do it.

\:D/ Many thanks!!
DavidPeterson
Job Title: STEM Resource & Lab Manager
School: Murray Bridge High School
Suburb: Murray Bridge
State/Location: SA

Re: Radiation Supervisor

Post by DavidPeterson »

KatW wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 10:48 Hello all!

It's been a while since I've been on here since moving to the UK and then back (I don't even remember what my old username was!). I've been given some tasks left by the previous technician and HOD; and this is one of them - the radioactive sources.

Do your schools have a radiation supervisor? Is it your main physics teacher or HOD (or both if they are the same person).

Do you log each time the samples are used and also when they are inspected?

I have read the Use of Radiation in Schools document from the Australian Government. I just wanted to see how the other schools do it.

\:D/ Many thanks!!
I'm in SA, and I'm it (ie "Radiation Supervisor") - I wouldn't trust our head Physics teacher with the role (and nor would she)!!
DCP 8-)
STEM Resource @ Laboratory Manager
RPAS (Drone) Pilot
MissKat
Job Title: Science Technician
School: Cranbrook School
Suburb: Bellevue Hill
State/Location: NSW

Re: Radiation Supervisor

Post by MissKat »

I found my old log in! Yay!

Thanks for your reply David.

My head of physics is great and would trust completely compared to myself with it as she has way more experience around the whole thing.