job vacancies / employment wanted
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown
State/Location: NSW

job swap in Canada

Post by smeee »

2 Canadian labbies that were at CONSTANZ in October are keen to do a job swap in NZ or Australia for 6 months. Their quiet time of year is Jan - Jun as their school year begins July
Let me know if you are interested and I will pass details on to you.
It would be a cultural experience as well.
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Re: job swap in Canada

Post by RosalieM »

I would looooooooove to do something like that! What a great idea! Not sure I could do it this time around though. I would love to hear reports back if anyone does decide to go ahead with it. Keep us all posted!
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

I reckon that this is a superb idea. The teachers have sucessfully been doing it for years... why not us?

Only thing is that our jobs are mostly part time.. no paid work in hols and other factor that translate to lower incomes for us.
SO.. thinking that a form of the House Swap Scheme (like for hols) would work really well....rather than have to pay for rent etc

What ya's think?
Rowyrow
State/Location: NT

Post by Rowyrow »

How cool would that be ! Not sure many people would appreciate living /swapping with me and my lodgings, yes I do have a pool big plus up in the NT but I do live with 3 dirty Tradies and one poor uni student translation PARTY house egh! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: sometimes it's like dealing with students :rules:
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

yes, not sure that anyone would want to swop into my meagre lodgings either! No pool, no dishwasher, no air con! :w00t:
BUT, would consider swopping with someone who lives luxuriously! ha ha!
I know that those Home Exchange Programs for hols, can include a vehicle swop as well..same thing.. I would love to drive a nice car for a while, while someone else starts to jump start my old rust bucket!

Honestly though. we wouldnt mind if our swops were up a step ,or down to more modest ..it would still be great hol & experienc e for sure.. how other people live.
lizzieb
Job Title: Labbie

Post by lizzieb »

What a wonderful thought.......... just the idea of it'll keep me dreaming up scenarios in my head.

Hmmm - just the thing to keep in mind for those boring times at work. Much rather be planning an extended trip to Canada :thumbup:

Just think - in JANUARY!!!! Now that's a really COOOOOOL :clap3: \:D/ 8-) idea
Liz

Life keeps getting better every day!
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

sounds wonderful

but out of interest
how does it work as far as working visas - is there not an age limit ? how many of us would fit it i wonder???
do they get our pay and we theres? do we also do a house swap ?? not sure they woudl want to live with my hubby -lol
tuesday
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tuesday »

With teachers, the whole family goes and it's normally for at least 12 months. Is there a way to get more information on this ? It would be great to do :D
Ocean Breeze

Post by Ocean Breeze »

re the whole family swopping for teachers...
I can see that wouldnt really work for us at all.

If you are anything like the labbies I know (sorry guys... you know who you are)
we make less money than our partners. Financially wouldnt be viable for the biggest earner to leave thier jobs jyst to follow us.
Also kids at school

Now if you are on your own thats a different story. You could board, free to roam etc.

But its just thatw e havent perfected the finer details yet.. lets keep thinking guys

In fact.. what countries have labbies in their schools? and what are their wages and conditions?
for example the Canadian labbies? did they say what their pay/hrs & conditions are?