Budget

job vacancies / employment wanted
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader
State/Location: NSW

Budget

Post by macca »

:cheesy: This is a big winge!! Our department has just been asked to prepare our budget. We have been asked to do an individual costing on every practical that is to be done, general office supplies and so on. 8O My estimation for year 7-10 only, thats 1325 practicals on average. Stress leave :w00t: [-o< and of course Science isn't considered a practical subject. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Re: Budget

Post by Labbie »

We keep a list of items, that I do as we go along, on excel. Not too sure if that is what you, I have to give that to the head teacher so he can do the budget, back in Oct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Sassi

Post by Sassi »

poor poor Macca :wub: Is there anything I can do to help? If I was asked to do that I think I would just have to quit, no way is that possible :yuck: Or maybe it is but I would definetly NOT have the patience to do it
macca

Post by macca »

Hi Pommy, thanks for that, I keep a record of petty cash, as for the rest I emailed our Bursar giving her the estimated number of pracs., and that costing individually was a bit much to ask suggesting she might like to give us a copy of all science invoices for the past 5 years! that would probably give us a close estimate, of what is needed. As yet no reply. :coffee:
Loopy
School: Mater Dei Catholic College
Suburb: Wagga Wagga

Post by Loopy »

Poor Macca,
My head hurts just thinking about it. Boy! I hope they don't ask for that here in this diocese...
Lou P. :yuck:
macca

Post by macca »

Hi looby
It will be my luck, she'll dump boxes full of invoices on me to sort through!!!! My head's been hurting for weeks. :-({|= p.s. aren't we part of the diocese!!
noona
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: Greystanes High School
Suburb: Greystanes

Post by noona »

Hi Macca
Good luck :cry2: :cry2: I hope you have a good place to go after all that #-o #-o as you will need a good holiday [-o< [-o<
Noona :-o :-o
coxy

Post by coxy »

Oh Macca,
That sounds like a full time job on its own. Why doesn't the HT do that? Maybe you need an assistant! Good luck with it. I also would consider a transfer to Front Office if I was asked to do that, (way over and above what I consider our job involves). "They" seem to ask more and more of Lab Assistants all the time.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Hi Macca,
I sympathise with you!
Surely that is the HOD job... remember they get paid about 5 times more than you do! :mad:
Last year I was asked to do this - I just went to the Bursar and asked her for a print out of all the Petty cash amounts and the cost of all the orders we had received. I gave that to HOD, and left her with it..
I wasn't poluar, but I am NOT employed as an accountant!
{I don't get paid enough fpor this, on top of everything else I am supposed to do} :coffee:
RosalieM
Job Title: Lab Assistant
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by RosalieM »

Either that or tell them it will take you 12 months to do it and submit it one prac at a time over the next year!! See how they like that after a week or two...
macca

Post by macca »

Hi, everybody thanks for your thoughts, I have made my mind up, not doing it and HT said the same thing. Some people just don't have any idea. As for a holiday weeks 9 &10 term 2, 10 days in Vanuatu it can't come quick enough. :coffee:
dolphinscales
Job Title: Laboratory Technican
School: Mandurah Senior College
State/Location: WA

Post by dolphinscales »

and they are giving you extra time to do this right Macca -lol .

wow that is like enormous - like i agree with Loopy my head hurts and yes stress elvels must be huge

when was science not a practical subject - maybe i am on anotehr planet - might expain a few things :)