Job Vacancy - I'm moving again.

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor
State/Location: NSW

Job Vacancy - I'm moving again.

Post by Merilyn1 »

After much prayer and many sleepless nights, I have decided to apply for and accept a position at an Anglican college much closer to home (40km). I have mixed emotions about leaving here - lovely workplace, great staff, principal is awesome. However, the college I'm moving to I know well, my son spent his 13 years of school there, finishing only last year. It is exciting and daunting at the same time.
My position at Oran Park Anglican is a combination of Science and Food Tech and is currently 30 hours a week which will increase as enrolments increase. I work five days a week, but the pay-off is I have been able to negotiate some flexibility in my week, staying back one day and leaving early another. As enrolments increase further, a second assistant will be employed to look after TAS. I'm not sure of the time frame on this. There are currently only about 200 students from Year 7 to 11, so it is not a big workload. In addition, I am the WHS rep for the College, and the principal would like the next person to carry on with this.
The position will be advertised on the college website some time this week. I will post when I know it is up.

Trust me, I am only leaving here because of the distance factor.
remlap12

Re: Job Vacancy - I'm moving again.

Post by remlap12 »

Congratulations Merilyn!
I'm sure you'll appreciate the reduced travelling!
Good luck and best wishes in your new position :-)
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: Job Vacancy - I'm moving again.

Post by Merilyn1 »

The job has now been advertised
http://www.opac.nsw.edu.au/employment