WELCOME BACK EVERYONE

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

WELCOME BACK EVERYONE

Post by Labbie »

Welcome back everyone, do hope you have a really great term. Want did you all get up too?? :-({|= :clap3: :popcorn:
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: WELCOME BACK EVERYONE

Post by Merilyn1 »

Hi Sue - not a lot this break. The son turned 18, he was the last of his friends to do so (that's what happens when you get booted off to school at 4!), caught up with some friends I don't get time to see normally and the hubby and I went camping for one night at Abercrombie National Park. I felt like I had a good break, although it was broken up by some training I had to come into work for in the first week. It was only two hours and was on our on-line compliance system, of which I had many questions, so it was really worth the effort.
Otherwise, as I wasn't rushing around the rest of the time, I came back feeling relaxed. That was, of course, until this morning when life returned to normal! Yesterday was an "ease me into it" PD day.
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Hi All
Thought it was my Dads 80th and went to visit in NZ but turns out he was only 79 ......oh well ......get to go next year too :clap3:
Same here Merilyn , easy PD day yesterday .
Prac book's surprisingly empty so far and 1st period is ANZAC assembly .....probably the calm before the storm
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

Hi all,
Lots of gardening and yard work.
Plenty of relaxing too!
Same here, PD day yesterday, have a few pracs ordered. Back into it!
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Post by macca »

Lots of gardening letting the creative side come through so happy with the results had to share lol, shopping and wasting time with 7 cute little puppies.

Back to business straight up yesterday, stocktaking Friday should have done last term oh well

Have a great term everyone. :coffee:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
remlap12

Post by remlap12 »

macca,
I am obsessed with succulents!!!
I have a big garden in my back yard and two smaller ones out front! (not to mention all my little pups in pots)
I love what you've done there, I contemplated using chairs, it's great to see ones completed!
Well done you!
Regards
remlap12
science support and problem solver :mail:
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

Hi everyone,

I had a great break too! Not much done, just removed one more shade of green from my very small kitchen and sorted out my pantry.

Back to work Sunday afternoon for day 1 of the Laughter and Wellbeing Conference run by our local SRG and then yesterday was a full day there. It was great! Especially since on Sunday I was driving out there, wishing I hadn't signed up for it, and that I had such a lot to do I would be wasting my time. Well, less than 5 minutes after the session started I was eating my words!

Hope you all had just as good a break!!

M
Lyn
Job Title: Lab Assistant (Technician)
School: St. John's Catholic College
Suburb: Darwin
State/Location: NT

Post by Lyn »

macca,

Those succulent chairs look fabulous. Clever you. Yes I'm envious cause I want one now. Unfortunately any succulents which come my way suffer the kiss of death on my back verandah, except for the mother-of-millions that even I can't kill. Fortunately I have long suffering bromeliads which insist on surviving despite me. Holiday wasn't long enough (1 week).
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Lyn wrote:macca,

Those succulent chairs look fabulous. Clever you. Yes I'm envious cause I want one now. Unfortunately any succulents which come my way suffer the kiss of death on my back verandah, except for the mother-of-millions that even I can't kill. Fortunately I have long suffering bromeliads which insist on surviving despite me. Holiday wasn't long enough (1 week).
Don't blame yourself, Lyn, it is probably the high humidity, not you, that is killing them. Maybe you need to find some tropical equivalent that we could all get jealous about! Those chairs do look good.
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay
State/Location: TAS

Post by Wayne »

I took the last 2 weeks of term off, so had 4 weeks away. Spent the first part on the Gold Coast for the Commonwealth Games and ended in Melbourne via Sydney and Canberra. Had a great time away and loved the games! Sad it went all to quickly.