CONASTA 2018

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown
State/Location: NSW

CONASTA 2018

Post by smeee »

Abstract submissions are now open for CONASTA 67, the national science education conference of the Australian Science Teachers Association.
Please consider presenting a workshop at this great conference.
Follow the link here . . .

http://asta.edu.au/conasta

It would be wonderful to see a lot of you in July - school holidays so plan a vacation in Sydney - so much to see and do here :clap3:
Wayne
School: Mount Carmel College
Suburb: Sandy Bay
State/Location: TAS

Re: CONASTA 2018

Post by Wayne »

I'm hoping to get there. CONASTA was really good last time it was in Sydney.
Wato3
Job Title: Science Laboratory Technician
School: Cootamundra High School
Suburb: Cootamundra

Post by Wato3 »

I'm wanting to put in a PD form but need information on CONASTA 67. I followed the link above and it takes me to the home page but there are no links to the early bird prices and I cant find any information on whats on offer so I can show how amazing an opportunity it would be for me to attend. What am I doing wrong ???

UPDATE; I've since found out the CONASTA site goes active tomorrow. :clap3:
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

Yay!!! I'll check it out. Can't wait!!
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown

Post by smeee »

10 days before Early Bird Registration closes - don't miss out

CONASTA 67 is fast approaching. The premier national science education conference for teachers (primary and secondary) and lab technicians will showcase cutting edge science from fascinating keynote speakers including Professor Lisa Harvey-Smith, astrophysicist at the CSIRO and lead Australian scientist on ABCs Stargazing Live, include some insightful presentations about The Future of Science, showcase over 130 workshops targeted at both secondary, primary and middle school teachers, as well as laboratory technicians and managers. Other keynote speakers of note include experts in science education from the University of Sydney, along with Prof Richard Garrett from ANSTO, and Dr Brad Tucker from the Australian National University.

Accreditation
NSW teachers - attending CONASTA 67 will contribute 16 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 2.1.2, 6.2.2., 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
ACT teachers - CONASTA 67 is accredited with TQI for 12 hours (Proficient Teacher Level). Lab Technicians will be accredited with 16 hours of PD over the 3 days.

Sydney is an incredible place to visit, and CONASTA 67 is taking full advantage of the surrounds to offer you a jam-packed program jam. The CONASTA 67 Welcome Function will be held at the historical Australian Museum where delegates will have the chance to view the galleries, then have drinks and nibbles afterwards. Post conference tours including a 2-day food and wine tour to Mudgee, an incredible one day Port Hacking River Cruise with a visit to ANSTO, Tarongo Zoo Educational Tours, Powerhouse Museum Tour and workshops at the Australian Museum.

Register by 31 May to receive an early-bird discount, saving you over $100. YOU ARE NOT RESTRICTED TO ATTENDING LT WORKSHOPS ONLY- TEACHER HANDSON WORKSHOP ARE INTERESTING TOO AS ARE PRIMARY WORKSHOPS

With some workshops and post conference tours already filling up, don't delay. Find out what's on at CONASTA and lock in your earlybird registration rates.

For further information and to register, please click HERE

Looking forward to seeing you there!

CONASTA 67 Events Team

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO YOUR SCIENCE STAFF