Welcome back everyone

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Welcome back everyone

Post by Labbie »

Welcome back, how are you all keeping, dry???
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
gotolady

Re: Welcome back everyone

Post by gotolady »

Welcome back. Dry for the moment but rain is coming. Hope everyone had a good break and now ready for an exciting term 3. May your staff treat you with the respect and admiration you deserve.
mtg
Job Title: Lab Tech
School: NDSC
Suburb: west gippsland
State/Location: VIC

Post by mtg »

Freezing in Gippsland. The teachers and students leave doors open.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

We are dry for today. I don't think the ground has been dry since last year! PD week for staff this week. I have just finished cleaning off a bench top that hasn't been cleared since before I started here 18 months ago! It is a MARVELLOUS feeling!
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

RosalieL wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 14:40 We are dry for today. I don't think the ground has been dry since last year! PD week for staff this week. I have just finished cleaning off a bench top that hasn't been cleared since before I started here 18 months ago! It is a MARVELLOUS feeling!
I get that Rosalie .Quiet day here so hoping to find mine too . :whistling2:

It was a PL day for us yesterday . We had a Mid North Coast Labbies get together after 2 years of not being able . It was great to see old faces and greet the new ones .

Not looking forward to this term . 2/3rds of our science teachers have left so there are a lot of casuals . :-( :-({|=
RosalieL

Post by RosalieL »

We used to have an excellent labbies network up in Tamworth when I was there. I am yet to find one where I am now (Port Stephens area). The schools are all too far apart I think!

I hope your casuals are good to you!
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Can you believe it? Came down with covid in the first week. First hubby and son on the Wednesday - hubby and I were away camping and had to come home. I tested positive on the Friday. And don't believe all this talk that covid is just like a head cold. Worst sore throat I have ever had - couldn't talk, sleep, eat or eventually even drink. Had to get my #1 to ring the Health Direct line for help then had to call on a friend to go to the chemist as we were all in iso.
Back at work today, PD week for us and I am really struggling. Really take care. These new variants are terrible.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Oh Merilyn do take care, not a good break from school, for you.
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
J
School: DHS

Post by J »

Hubby and I had covid in the holidays too. Definitely NOT the way to spend the holidays :redcard:

Mine was like a headcold and I just wanted to sleep all day.

His was more flu-like, with aches and pains, headaches, stomach pain and felt like he had sand or grit in his eyes. Nearly 3 weeks later he is only just starting to feel a bit better. Of course I couldn't resist calling it 'Man Covid' :whistling2: :-o
RosalieL

Post by RosalieL »

J wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 10:07 Of course I couldn't resist calling it 'Man Covid' :whistling2: :-o
I probably shouldn't have laughed but I did!

It is crazy how it hits people so differently. It took me months to get over the fatigue.
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

Hi all, cold week down here in Vic, -4C one morning. Joy :)