Happy Holidays

General announcements, eg upcoming science meetings, national lab tech seminars, Chemtalk announcements, etc.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Happy Holidays

Post by Labbie »

May I wish you all NSW & VIC about to break up for Holidays. Enjoy and stay safe, :wub: :clap3: :crazy: :coffee:
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: Happy Holidays

Post by Merilyn1 »

Yes, keeping my head down and hoping covid settles down. Wouldn't like to be spending my break in lockdown!
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

Yes I agree stay safe Merilyn
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Anna Z
Job Title: Lab Manager
School: DET Secondary School
State/Location: VIC

Post by Anna Z »

heheheheee..planning a trip Vic-QLD we will see, patiently watching numbers :)
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Merilyn1 wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 15:16 Yes, keeping my head down and hoping covid settles down. Wouldn't like to be spending my break in lockdown!
Wow, can't believe I said that! Yep, that is what happened. Although I don't live in Greater Sydney, the government now determines that Wollondilly Shire is in Greater Sydney. So for the last week of term, the only places I'd been was home (in Wingecarribee Shire, outside of the lockdown zone) and to work, in Tahmoor (in Wollondilly). My hubby had had the previous week off work and he'd only been into Tahmoor once to shop.

When no lockdown had been called by Saturday morning, we headed off on our camping trip with the intention of getting to Menindee Lakes (which are looking spectacular apparently). We got as far as the Snowy Mtns (hubby's idea, he wanted to test out the heater in the camper :crazy: ). We spent two days trying to work out if we had to stay in place, if we could continue on our journey or if we had to come home. In the end, with so much conflicting information we came home. I get the need for lockdown, but there were no cases anywhere near us and we had kept a very low profile all week. Our risk of being infected was probably close to zero.

So spent the rest of the two week lockdown at home, mostly working in my garden. Hubby had had to go back to work. By last Friday I was able to travel anywhere in regional NSW as I had done my two week lockdown. Trouble was, I had no one to go anywhere with :cry2: It was all very pointless. On Tuesday, I went into Bowral just because I could - it was pretty boring really. Yesterday I was back "at work". We have a PD week this week and although I wasn't required on-site, I needed to go into work to pick up some things. So I am now back pretending I live in Sydney.

No doubt there are a few of you reading this who are in the same boat.