Post by J »

They don't forget how to be flea brained idiots. #-o
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader
State/Location: NSW

Re: Chair Damage

Post by macca »

Oh no

Another Tik Tok one I was told about during the holidays was RAT tests. Kids in the US are using cranberry juice to draw a second line on tests to show parents so they can stay home. How do they think of these things. :crazy: :crazy:
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

WOW always someone
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

That's hilarious. I've had a real hankering for cranberry juice - I might have to buy some :wink2:
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

Going back to a post from earlier this year. We have had two damaged chairs in the last two weeks. The first chair had snapped through the upright but the student wasn't doing anything extraordinary at the time. On close inspection, you could see the start of a defined cut in the chair, causing a weak point.
The second chair was found to have been cut nearly all the way through.

The first chair's damage may have occurred unnoticed when students were wearing face masks. The second chair was most likely recent as I would find it hard to imagine that it could have been missed all this time.

Thought I would share this with you so, firstly, you are aware and secondly, I'm curious if this has happened at other schools?
bigmack
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Thankfully it's stopped here finally Merilyn I'd say since we stopped handing out masks .

Mind you , with the departments new rule that Teachers that are Covid positive can come to work if they want and a new Covid variant which is unaffected by the Vaccines sweeping through NSW , probably won't be long until it all turns to poo and masks are needed again.
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

We thought it had stopped too, but alas...

Yes, truly worried about the current state of affairs. My father is now in respite care and looks like he will be staying there permanently. I dread what will happen with an outbreak where he is.
So many people think covid is just a cold. My experience was horrendous, leaving me lethargic with weird symptoms for months. Heard of people developing high blood pressure post covid and another who now has some strange form of arthritis. Then you look at what it will do to elderly people - horrible.
I hate when people also say, "oh but they're just old people" like it doesn't matter. Try telling that to their families...
J
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: DHS

Post by J »

Do people seriously say that?
I'm heading towards the title of 'old person' myself (as are most of us eventually) and don't appreciate this kind of attitude.
Did these people not ever have parents or grandparents?
Makes me think the whole world is 'turning to poo', Bigmack!
Merilyn1

Post by Merilyn1 »

J wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 08:57 Do people seriously say that?
I'm heading towards the title of 'old person' myself (as are most of us eventually) and don't appreciate this kind of attitude.
Yep J, I have heard it said and did I turn on the 56 year old anger button for that one! Teacher apologised and no one has said anything like it since, well, at least not whilst I'm around.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

J wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 08:57 Do people seriously say that?
Yes I have heard it many times in conversation, especially in the early days when most of the COVID deaths were associated with older people. The argument was that many of them were over the average age for death therefore they were going to die soon anyway, so why should we be worried? A terrible argument, in my opinion!!