DOES YOUR SCHOOL HAVE AN AG FARM?

for anything else that doesn't fit.
Vick
Job Title: Lab Assistant
State/Location: NSW

DOES YOUR SCHOOL HAVE AN AG FARM?

Post by Vick »

Hi All

I'm wondering if your school has an Ag Farm? If so, is your Head Teacher Science the Head Teacher Ag as well, or does Ag come under the TAS faculty? Some year 7 & 8 students do Ag for D&T, this subject is taught by the Science/Ag teacher (but D&T is under TAS). We have year 9, 10, 11 & 12 Ag classes these classes come under the Head Teacher Science, i.e. she checks reports etc, she also has responsibility for the Ag budget and manages the farm with guidance from the Ag Teacher ad farm assistant. If the Head Teacher Science is responsible for Ag does your Head Teacher have qualifications in Agriculture.

Thank you for your input.

Vicki
trish armstrong
Job Title: lab Assistant SAO
School: Taree High School
Suburb: Taree

Re: DOES YOUR SCHOOL HAVE AN AG FARM?

Post by trish armstrong »

At our school the Ag farm is under science. Our HOD of science also manages the Ag farm and does reports, budgets etc. And our science HOD does have qualifications in Ag.
Cheers Trish
Vick
Job Title: Lab Assistant

Post by Vick »

Thanks Trish
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth

Post by fibreweb »

We have an Ag farm and 3 Ag teachers, They all have Science classes also and reside in the Science Staff room.
One of the Ag teachers is also Head Teacher Admin (or something) and and head Teacher Ag.
Incidentally our Science Head Teacher and one of the other Science Teachers are also qualified to teach Primary Industries so do know a lot of the Ag stuff.
I do the Ag photocopying and a get a small amount of stuff for them, mainly measuring cylinders and stuff to test pH of soils etc.
Ag for years 7 and 8 is taught by our Ag teachers but is under the TAS umbrella as the kids do a term rotation doing food tech, textiles, woodwork, metalwork, plastics, and computers(something alse makes no 8) over the 2 year period.
Rita

Post by Rita »

We have a farm and one Ag teacher. Ag comes under TAS here. Teacher is back teaching Science (Yr 9 only) this year after previous stints in variety of short courses.
I prepare pracs on few occasions. Ag use the labs when doing soil tests.
mazcheck

Post by mazcheck »

We have a farm and an ag teacher who is attached to the science department. We also have a GA who is also the farm assistant.