Gratnell Storage system

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
fibreweb
School: Oxley High School
Suburb: Tamworth
State/Location: NSW

Gratnell Storage system

Post by fibreweb »

I have been told that my main store room is being reclaimed to make a large Math/Science staff room
Its replacement is a room on the first floor up 17 stairs! :crazy: :crazy:

I have other thoughts, claiming a long thin book room, and more storage in my Chemical store and renovating one of the other prep room that although is a long way away I can get their by taking all the ramps instead of the stairs using my mail trolley.

Last night realised that gratnell Storage would be ideal.
Is there anybody out there that has experience with this system and are willing to share their thoughts.
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: Gratnell Storage system

Post by Merilyn1 »

Briefly. I had some Gratnells tubs etc at a previous school but the tubs and I were probably only together for less than a year. The idea is great, lots of flexibility with tub sizes. You can also get foam inserts to store things like magnifying lenses, stopwatches etc. The shelving units with wheels give a lot of flexibility. I thought, though, that I would miss them. But I don't!
I think if you have pracs in them, ready to go, they may be of use. If you're like me, and just do the "shopping run" through your equipment store to put a prac together, they aren't of great use.
Unless I had a specific spot to plant one of the shelving units and had no way of getting anyone in to build something specific for the area, I don't know if I'd bother ever buying some for here. I'd look at some good sturdy shelving units and spend your money on plastic tubs to store equipment in. You can buy a lot of storage tubs from Bunnings for the cost of a few units from Gratnells.
kimmy
Job Title: School Lab Assistant
School: Quirindi High School
Suburb: Quirindi

Re: Gratnell Storage system

Post by kimmy »

I absolutely love mine. My whole chemical store room in made of Gratnell shelving and drawers. So easy to adjust height with different size containers. So good for dropper bottles and solutions.
Ill add some photos after.