Skeleton

and any other non-chem subjects.
Alice
State/Location: WA

Skeleton

Post by Alice »

Hi everyone

I have to buy a new plastic human skeleton and wondered what other people are using and what is good and what is not etc. Some have muscle and nerve attachments, are they any good? I have got to have one that robust, as we have 2 science blocks either end of the school, and we will have to carry it to each block. Hope some of you can help me.

Alice
ellice
Job Title: Lab technician
School: The Illawarra Grammar School
Suburb: Figtree
State/Location: NSW

Re: Skeleton

Post by ellice »

Hi Alice,
We have a skeleton, which just shows bone structure, but one thing we do is keep it in a cupboard (specially built) and out of sight. Over the years, that was the first thing to go if there was a break in. Security has improved vastly everywhere now, so maybe this isn't a concern anymore.
Happy hunting!
Ellice.
Whspa
State/Location: NSW

Post by Whspa »

Hi Alice,
We bought a skeleton from ISSCO four years ago. Just bones, no muscle or nerve attachments. It cost $400. The base is so heavy and hard to move (even though its on wheels) that it lives permanently in the upstairs lab. We have an older skeleton that is much easier to maneuver so it gets moved around the other labs - even though some of the bones have "fallen off" and had to be wired back onto it.

Carol
Alice
State/Location: WA

Post by Alice »

Thanks Ellice & Carol

Your tips are appreciated. The heavy base with wheels is something I will have to look out for. (I'd be on my knees trying to carry the skeleton to the other science block!)

Cheers

Alice