MSDS Expiry

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
sandra
State/Location: NSW

MSDS Expiry

Post by sandra »

After reading about the expiry date of MSDS I have discovered that I need to reprint a lot of ours. Is anyone else having a problem finding a MSDS for Iodine or Phenolpthalein in a solid form? Only seem to have a MSDS for solution.
cactus155
Job Title: Laboratory Guru
School: Claremont College
Suburb: Claremont
State/Location: TAS

Re: MSDS Expiry

Post by cactus155 »

Hi

In NSW do you use Chemwatch Chemgold II?
As we do here in Tas. and I just typed Iodine in the search box and clicked on the first item it came up with up and got the MSDS for Solid Iodine. Then I typed phenolphthalein in the search box and came up with MSDS for Solid Phenolphthalein.

Hope this helps
Andrew
Whspa

Post by Whspa »

If you're using the Chemwatch data base, when the list is displayed press the continue button and the list will be extended. You''ll find phenolphthalein / iodine there.

Carol
bernie
State/Location: QLD

Post by bernie »

If you use chemwatch and you have your manifest on there you can go to each store and tick MSDS on each chemical in that store and then send them all to the printer all at once.
I was able to send ours to a photo copier and do back to back saved me hours of printing & paper. (Our school has all our printers on network and this includes the photocopier).

Bernadette
sandra

Post by sandra »

Thanks everyone! I am new to this. This looks to be a great site. I am sure I will be a regular user.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home

Post by Labbie »

When you first go on to Chemwatch, you do need to click or push the Teacher Mode, has a little hat as the picture. As we go on to the site, it puts us down as student each time. So click on the Teacher Mode, and that should be fine. I have forgotton sometimes, so I can only get a soultion.

Regards
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub: