Spirit- Burners

A general discussion and Q & A forum.
Labbie
Job Title: Retired
Suburb: At Home
State/Location: NSW

Spirit- Burners

Post by Labbie »

You wonderful people, perhaps you can advise me on How to cover the label on Burners - Spirit.
They have a cruved surface, and it looks awful and messy with contact. Sticky tape does not last to long. I only have the Name of the Spirit, Coloured dot & Flamable sticker. I just can not fit the whole label on.

I just know some one will have a great way of doing this.

Thank You
Regards Labbie

Lab Manager/Lab Tech, mind reading etc etc
Now retired :wub:
estelle
Job Title: VIP
School: Wollumbin High
Suburb: Murwillumbah

Re: Spirit- Burners

Post by estelle »

Hi,
I have had the same problem with the labels not sticking, either because of the bottle shape or that they tend to get a bit greasy. I resorted to the trusty old whiteout pen and put what is in the bottle on the bottom, you just have to be a bit careful when reading what it says but it does work OK. Sometimes those little 20mm labels seem to work if you use them like a triangle label on the spirit bottles.
Estelle
Mother
Job Title: Science lab. technician
School: Dubbo College/Senior Campus
Suburb: Dubbo

Post by Mother »

I just used sticker labels cut to size.It crinkles a little,but otherwise works for me.
Cheers
Mother
dime

Post by dime »

I use a Dymo Label Manager, which is just a fancy dymo machine. The labels will still sometimes crinkle, depending how long the label is or the particular burner. But spilt metho etc doesn't make the label run.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

hi,
I do have step by step instruction how to do labels but file is to big and if you are interested I can email it to you
Cheers Jazz