trundle wheel

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong
State/Location: NSW

trundle wheel

Post by Kathryn »

Has anyone bought a trundle wheel recently? If so are you happy with it? We bought 2 a year ago. When I got them out to use recently I discovered both of them have lost the clicking mechanisms. No idea where or when - no doubt down on the field somewhere, and not reported at the time.

Kathryn
labbassistant
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollongong High School

Re: trundle wheel

Post by labbassistant »

We bought 2 from science supply aus 2 years ago and they are both still good, in 2021 they were $34.95ea. Not sure how much they are today
Merilyn1
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

The blue and yellow plastic ones are terrible for falling apart. We have one here but also have two metal ones that seem to do a great job. These were bought by the previous labbie and I do know not long after he bought those, I couldn't source them for the school I was at at the time. Maybe someone is selling them again.
I wouldn't waste my money on the plastic ones - just buy 30m or 100m tapes instead.
melsid
Job Title: Lab Rat
School: PHS

Post by melsid »

We just bought some from MTA, they seem to be working well so far. Plastic, with the counter, and adjustable handle.
Prima
Job Title: Lab assistant

Post by Prima »

Merilyn1 wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 13:08 The blue and yellow plastic ones are terrible for falling apart. We have one here but also have two metal ones that seem to do a great job. These were bought by the previous labbie and I do know not long after he bought those, I couldn't source them for the school I was at at the time. Maybe someone is selling them again.
I wouldn't waste my money on the plastic ones - just buy 30m or 100m tapes instead.
Agreed, Merylin1, the plastic ones are useless.

I have just placed an order with MTA - Item NK10117-10K is for a set of 10 trundle wheels that look very sturdy. I also have 2 metal ones which are a lot stronger, but don't actually record the distance, there is just a click that you have to count. (I can't remember where I bought them.) So I also ordered SER1005008A from MTA, which is a counter that will hopefully fit the metal trundle wheels.
Merilyn1
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

Prima wrote: 15 Mar 2023, 14:01
Merilyn1 wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 13:08 The blue and yellow plastic ones are terrible for falling apart. We have one here but also have two metal ones that seem to do a great job. These were bought by the previous labbie and I do know not long after he bought those, I couldn't source them for the school I was at at the time. Maybe someone is selling them again.
Agreed, Merylin1, the plastic ones are useless.

I have just placed an order with MTA - Item NK10117-10K is for a set of 10 trundle wheels that look very sturdy. I also have 2 metal ones which are a lot stronger, but don't actually record the distance, there is just a click that you have to count. (I can't remember where I bought them.) So I also ordered SER1005008A from MTA, which is a counter that will hopefully fit the metal trundle wheels.
Interesting. You'll have to share what they are like!
bigmack
School: FCAC
State/Location: QLD

Post by bigmack »

Kathryn
I'm also in the market for another one but agree that all the plastic junk available from our regular suppliers wouldn't last five seconds with our lot .
We have an old Lufkin one and it's still going .
Have found them available from Total tools and other big tool shops .Not the cheapest @ $149 but buy once cry once as they say .
Trundle wheel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
littltesttube

Post by littltesttube »

I bought some from Bunnings a few years ago and they are fantastic .
Teachers love them.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright- ... m_p0172470
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

bigmack wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 09:06 but buy once cry once as they say .
I have never heard that before!! I love it! I am definitely going to add this phrase to my vocabulary :thumbup: :cheesy:
Prima

Post by Prima »

littltesttube wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 09:07 I bought some from Bunnings a few years ago and they are fantastic .
Teachers love them.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/craftright- ... m_p0172470
Wish I had found those when I searched Bunnings for "trundle", they look great!
Prima

Post by Prima »

Prima wrote: 15 Mar 2023, 14:01 I have just placed an order with MTA - Item NK10117-10K is for a set of 10 trundle wheels that look very sturdy. I also have 2 metal ones which are a lot stronger, but don't actually record the distance, there is just a click that you have to count. (I can't remember where I bought them.) So I also ordered SER1005008A from MTA, which is a counter that will hopefully fit the metal trundle wheels.
Sad story - the counter does not count! It just makes the noise, the person doing the wheeling has to count! :?
Kathryn
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong

Post by Kathryn »

Ohh those wheels from Bunnings look good especially for the price.
RosalieL
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

Supercheap Auto also have trundle wheels with counters up to 999.9m for $34.99
nickykinz
School: St Augustine's College
Suburb: Augustine Heights
State/Location: QLD

Post by nickykinz »

We bought these earlier this year. A teacher used them for the first time last week and said they were really good and sturdy. Who know how long they will last but I plan on getting some more later in the year. Wish I'd bought the set of 12.
https://www.abacused.com.au/trundle-wheel
Nicky
;)
St Augustine's College
Augustine Heights, QLD 4300