strucket

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

strucket

Post by RosalieL »

I remember reading somewhere that someone has used a strucket for cleaning safety glasses but I have no idea where and a search on here has come up with nothing. Do any of you use one? Do you have the large or the small one? Do you use it for anything else?
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Re: strucket

Post by Merilyn1 »

Yes, it was me but I may have shared it on the ASET email group.
Look on Ebay where you can buy direct from the supplier. They were really good to deal with.
I found I can just fit a whole class set (30) glasses in at a time. Basket allows you to drain the glasses before rinsing. Plug at the bottom of the "bucket" means you can empty without lifting it - a good WHS feature. It was expensive but certainly very good quality.
I saw on-line people making their own by getting two tubs, one fitting inside the other, and drilling holes on the inside fitting tub. I reckon that is going to be messy when you try lifting it out as the holes would have water spraying everywhere.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

Ah, yes... that would explain why I couldn't find it here! I didn't think to check in the ASET emails. Is that the larger size? I do like the look of them. (They are very popular for cloth nappies!! But came out too late for me...) I hadn't thought to use them for science until I read you were using them. I doubt I would have more than 15 glasses to wash at a time so it is a little hard to justify the expense at the moment but I live in hope!
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

The larger one. I grabbed one during the height of COVID when cleaning was a high priority. Ran on the WHS theme - needed to clean the glasses easily, plus this has the advantage of not having to lift to drain. You could get by without the lid and buy that later.
Certainly would have been great for nappies but that was a looooong time ago for us but back then there was no way we could have afforded something like that!