unknown anions

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS
State/Location: NSW

unknown anions

Post by RosalieL »

I've need to get the chemicals out for the unknown anion prac for yr 12. I have the text book which tells the kids to design their own experiment. I won't be here when they do it (sick kids) and the teacher hasn't had a chance to do the RA for it yet. Is there a "cheat sheet" for what I need for this one?

(I asked the teachers to let me know what they're likely to do in the next week or two in case I am off for a little while - it's not the teacher's fault! He's usually pretty on top of RAs)
Anastasia

Re: unknown anions

Post by Anastasia »

Do you use the Risk Assess program by Phillip Crisp? If so you can do a search of previous years RA (assuming this prac has been done in previous years)
RosalieL
Job Title: Lab Assistant
School: MCS

Post by RosalieL »

We only started using RiskAssess last year (when I started here) and the school I’m at does compressed HSC so this is the first year they’ve done chemistry in that time… I ended up finding the teacher after school and he came and worked out what he would need. It’s his first time teaching the course, too, so we’ve both been on a bit of a learning curve this year! The chem teacher at my previous school (before my 8 year break from lab assisting) knew the course inside out and made my life very easy!
Debbie
State/Location: QLD

Post by Debbie »

Good Morning, We used to do a cation/anion prac a long time ago - I have found some notes which you might fine useful. Hope they help.
CYA Debbie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.