Lab Tech Forums

and any other non-chem subjects.
Voice
State/Location: VIC

Lab Tech Forums

Post by Voice »

I am finding these forums fascinating. As a Lab tech for 29 years it is wonderful to still be learning about my job. Most of those posting in the forums seem to be much younger than me with some, only starting out. I was fortunate to begin my job with an experienced Lab Tech and so had someone to help me with regard to equipment, chemicals, and any 'battles' with teaching staff. Plus, I learnt some methods of my own. It is a rare commodity now to have 2 Lab Techs in a state run school so this forum must be a godsend to many.

I am learning a great deal from this forum.

I hope those writing and reading are also learning from others experience.

This website has to be one of this Science Department's greatest resources.
Thank you for setting it up.

Maree :roll:
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager
State/Location: NSW

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Maree
I agree. I have been a Lab tech for 20 yrs in several schools, then before that was a lab research asst for over 2 yrs.
I find that I learn at least 1 thing every day. I reckon today its about 6 new pieces of info.Its usually more
So 6 X 22 yrs X 300 ish days... thats a LOT of brain space!
Think that this will keep us mentally agile as we gracefully! age? :-)
Mojo
State/Location: NT

Post by Mojo »

we have 2 labtechs plus me (trainee cert3) = 2.5 :lol:

have three months left of my 1yr traineeship.
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager
State/Location: NSW

Re: Lab Tech Forums

Post by Ocean Breeze »

:-) I most definately agree.. we learn at least several new things every day. So by my calculations.. every day we juggle existing information/skills, while adding new. We should be cerebral giants by the time we are 99 years old. Any retirement planning may have to involve keeping our grey matter challenged 8)