Air Pressure Eggs

Request or contribute your recipes here. You can also try doing a search, as there are some old recipe posts which have not or cannot be moved over to this forum.
fishy
State/Location: NSW

Air Pressure Eggs

Post by fishy »

Hi everyone, Have a prac that I am doing for air pressure eggs and need 96 hard-boiled eggs!!!! Have seen that if you cook them in muffin tins it works well. Preheat oven to 325, some say between 325 and 350. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes depending on oven. After 25 to 30 minutes, remove eggs from oven and place in a bowl, or sink in my case!!!!!, of ice and water to stop the cooking process. Leave in water for about 10 minutes before peeling. Might try a dozen first!!! :-) Has anyone tried this method??? :-)
fishy

Re: Air Pressure Eggs

Post by fishy »

Gave it a try with one egg! Used the ovens in TAS. Think result was unsatisfactory. Instructions said to fiddle with times and heat but think will give whole idea a miss. Ended up boiling 48 with another 48 to go next week.
smeee
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: LaSalle Catholic College
Suburb: Bankstown

Post by smeee »

Easy way to shell them when cold - place in a jar (with lid on) and shake - the shells will come off easily and saves so much time
Milo
State/Location: ACT

Post by Milo »

We do this as a demo, so I only need to cook 3 or 4 eggs. I can't imagine removing the shells on 96 eggs! My sympathies.