who compiles/monitors and oversees RA at your school

MSDSs, Storage, Handling, Transport, Labeling, computer management systems, and anything else to do with safety.
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager
State/Location: NSW

who compiles/monitors and oversees RA at your school

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Im wondering who among us compiles, and adjusts the RA for teachers to do class practical lessons?
the lab tech, the teachers ?
and if it' s us lab techs that are given the role...
wondering how that can work in practice if we aren't in the classroom to see how its working/not working/ or
can be done better?

Your thoughts would be appreciated
macca
Job Title: Mind Reader

Re: who compiles/monitors and oversees RA at your school

Post by macca »

My understanding is the only part we are responsible for is the lab assistant section (preparing and packing up) If there are things that need to be added that I know teachers will need I ask them to redo. If it's to late when they realise I get them to write it in their copy of the text book for next year. Although I would not just hand over chemicals it would only apply to forgotten general equipment extra beakers that type of thing. Then I generally add to the add prep note section on the laboratory schedule. I also print out the Laboratory schedule at the end of each week and file.

Hope that makes sense
Merilyn1
Job Title: Labbie
School: Wollondilly Anglican College
Suburb: Tahmoor

Post by Merilyn1 »

I don't adjust the RA for the class. I check that the teachers have ordered year group appropriate chemicals (eg not Yr 11-12 chemical for a Yr 8 class). If they have entered the wrong chemical, I email them straight away and ask them to fix it up. In Riskassess, as Macca said, the lab assistant section only relates to our component of putting the prac together and the clean up afterwards. If the teachers have forgotten something significant, I ask them to re-do the RA. I don't worry if it is something like glassware.
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

Agree with Merilyn
tuesday
Job Title: Lab Tech
State/Location: ACT

Post by tuesday »

I agree with Merilyn too .
I read through all the pracs to make sure it's right for that year group . Once it's done, there isn't much change for the following year.
Ocean Breeze
Job Title: Lab Manager

Post by Ocean Breeze »

Thanks for the feedback Guys :)