Pong!!

and any other non-chem subjects.
bindibadgi
Suburb: Kensington Park
State/Location: SA

Pong!!

Post by bindibadgi »

:yuck:

Not looking forward to tomorrow......2 IB classes have just finished setting up the egg white & pepsin prac....because of the replicates they do, they've filled all the waterbaths with 180 test tubes......that's 180 eggy farty stoppered tubes at 40 degrees....that they'll be opening tomorrow.
Sorry, just feeling a bit 'poor me' considering the aftermath & washing up to come :console: :giggle:

The egg white came out a treat though, I lined an old steel surgical tray with gladwrap & steamed it in a waterbath at 90 degrees, so I ended up with a big solid 'loaf' of whites to slice & cube. Pity the prac reeks so badly though, it's actually a good one to demonstrate enzymes.

After the first class set up (& with the very strong stench wafting in from the prep where I sliced the egg) the second class came in almost gagging. Some of the girls look a little green, & I heard one of them say "I'm NEVER eating eggs again!" in a very dramatic voice. :cheesy:
bindibadgi
Jazz
State/Location: NSW

Re: Pong!!

Post by Jazz »

sorry for your troubles, but I was laughing out loud. :-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers Jazz
lada
State/Location: NSW

Post by lada »

I was trying very hard to talk teachers out of doing pracs today, but did not succeed. Only electricity and sound and light today.
But I have opened up booking folder for next term, and about 10 peacs written in already. Oh well, get on with cleaning today.
Have a great holiday ,everyone!!
Lada
Jen2
State/Location: WA

Post by Jen2 »

I had a super pongy one to clean up today, 20 jars that had been growing onion, potato and garlic in a cupboard for the last two months!!! Not sure which was worse, the onion smell, the garlic smell or the mouldy potato water smell! Phew!