glassware supplier

This forum is for (a) to help other members source materials, and (b) for topics regarding equipment repairs.
Kathryn
Job Title: Lab Technician
School: Cedars Christian College
Suburb: Farmborough Hts, Wollongong
State/Location: NSW

glassware supplier

Post by Kathryn »

Who is the best supplier of glassare (eg beakers) at the moment? I am tired of getting low quality stuff which doesn't last.

Kathryn :-)
Lis
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
School: Central Coast Grammar
Suburb: Erina Heights

Re: glassware supplier

Post by Lis »

Try Labtek or Westlab. Westlab are pretty good :thumbup:
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

many of "smaller" suppliers get their glassware from Serrata. Check who is their supplier.
Cheers Jazz
sunray18

Post by sunray18 »

I am so fed up with the filter funnels we get from S. they are so thin that just clinking them against a beaker they break. Test tubes that all crack at the same place, burette clamps that fracture, watch glasses that crack before the water boils in the beaker ..need I go on..
The sales pitch is to keep costs down for schools ' yada yada yada' . BUT that doesnt work when every time a student even sneezes you have broken glassware, which then needs to be replaced - a false economy!
I have filter funnels that are over 12 years old and they are still functiong , but the last 20 I bought have all broken. there is a moral to this story!
rae
School: Oxley College
Suburb: Burradoo

Post by rae »

Interesting because I just ordered replacement pieces for our distillation kits and that company was about $200 cheaper but I went for the more expensive for that very reason.
malook

Post by malook »

Try VWR International Pty Ltd, they sell Pyrex, Quickfit, MBL & Azlon plastics which are all good brands. I have not had a chance to order from them yet so have not checked prices
ph: 1300 7270696 Fax:1300 135 123 email:sales@au.vwr.com